Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
VIDEO: Ghaly scores late winner to send Lierse through in Belgian Cup
Second division side Lommel United had the upper hand early on in the Cofidis Cup clash against Lierse as Vanaken scored from a corner after 24 minutes.
Lierse immediately made amends with a superb run by Tony Watt – scorer of Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – before beautifully laying it off for Julien Vercauteren, who placed it into the far corner to make it 1-1.
In the second half Gono scored the second goal for the home team to make it 2-1 after only three minutes after the break.
Tony Watt scored again for the Yellow and Blacks, his second goal in as many games for Lierse, with a decent strike in the 83rd minute to level the score.
As the contest entered its closing stages, a corner kick from Wanderson in injury time was headed home by Hossam Ghaly to seal Lierse’s qualification to the next round.
Lierse will face Oostende in the 2013-2014 Cofidis Cup’s round of 16.