Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Ghaly scores late winner to send Lierse through in Belgian Cup
Second division side Lommel United had the upper hand early on in the Cofidis Cup clash against Lierse as Vanaken scored from a corner after 24 minutes.
Lierse immediately made amends with a superb run by Tony Watt – scorer of Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – before beautifully laying it off for Julien Vercauteren, who placed it into the far corner to make it 1-1.
In the second half Gono scored the second goal for the home team to make it 2-1 after only three minutes after the break.
Tony Watt scored again for the Yellow and Blacks, his second goal in as many games for Lierse, with a decent strike in the 83rd minute to level the score.
As the contest entered its closing stages, a corner kick from Wanderson in injury time was headed home by Hossam Ghaly to seal Lierse’s qualification to the next round.
Lierse will face Oostende in the 2013-2014 Cofidis Cup’s round of 16.