Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
VIDEO: Ghaly scores late winner to send Lierse through in Belgian Cup
Second division side Lommel United had the upper hand early on in the Cofidis Cup clash against Lierse as Vanaken scored from a corner after 24 minutes.
Lierse immediately made amends with a superb run by Tony Watt – scorer of Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – before beautifully laying it off for Julien Vercauteren, who placed it into the far corner to make it 1-1.
In the second half Gono scored the second goal for the home team to make it 2-1 after only three minutes after the break.
The Egyptian-owned Belgian side pushed hard for the equaliser. Egypt international left-back Ahmed Samir Farag had a shot of his own with his right foot from distance but it was far off target.
Tony Watt scored again for the Yellow and Blacks, his second goal in as many games for Lierse, with a decent strike in the 83rd minute to level the score.
As the contest entered its closing stages, a corner kick from Wanderson in injury time was headed home by Hossam Ghaly to seal Lierse’s qualification to the next round.
Lierse will face Oostende in the 2013-2014 Cofidis Cup’s round of 16.