Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
VIDEO: Ghaly scores late winner to send Lierse through in Belgian Cup
Second division side Lommel United had the upper hand early on in the Cofidis Cup clash against Lierse as Vanaken scored from a corner after 24 minutes.
Lierse immediately made amends with a superb run by Tony Watt – scorer of Celtic’s historic winner against Barcelona in the Champions League last season – before beautifully laying it off for Julien Vercauteren, who placed it into the far corner to make it 1-1.
In the second half Gono scored the second goal for the home team to make it 2-1 after only three minutes after the break.
Tony Watt scored again for the Yellow and Blacks, his second goal in as many games for Lierse, with a decent strike in the 83rd minute to level the score.
As the contest entered its closing stages, a corner kick from Wanderson in injury time was headed home by Hossam Ghaly to seal Lierse’s qualification to the next round.
Lierse will face Oostende in the 2013-2014 Cofidis Cup’s round of 16.