Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
VIDEO: Scintillating Salah scores but can’t save Basel from draw
Mohamed Salah played the full 90 minutes, scoring a deft goal in Basel’s 2-2 draw with FC Sion in the Swiss League tonight. Mohamed El-Nenny also played a part, coming on 9 minutes before the final whistle in the disappointing result for the reigning champions.
FC Basel conceded a shocking 2nd minute goal when a calamitous mix up in defence gifted Sion a goal. The Swiss giants bounced back positively, playing some great football as the half wore on, with Mohamed Salah whipping in some decent crosses, whilst missing a couple of chances as well. Sion went into the break 1-0 up, with Basel not being able to convert their majority share of possession into a goal in the first 45.
Basel were soon to have their equaliser though, after dominating the opening exchanges of the second half. A missed shot from Salah in the 48th minute sparked an onslaught of Basel attacking plays, which ultimately led to the equaliser in the 57th minute. A slick back heel from Delgado was picked up by Stocker, who finished with aplomb to bring the scores level. With Basel sensing blood, another goal was inevitable, with Salah being the man to slot home after latching on to a brilliant through ball from Streller to go one on one with the keeper and dispatch the ball calmly into the bottom right corner of the net.
2-1 up, Mohamed El-Nenny entered the fray, coming on for Stocker in the 82nd minute. Despite being the better of the two sides throughout, Basel were not able to keep hold of the lead, with an 87th minute equaliser gifting the undeserving FC Sion a share of the points.
The result leaves the Swiss giants on top of the ladder, one point ahead of Grasshoppers, who have a vital game in hand. FC Basel take on Schalke midweek in a big Champions League fixture, hoping to bounce back from todays disappointing result and build on their brilliant start to the UCL campaign.