Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
VIDEO: Ghazal trumps Koka in Portuguese Pharaohs duel
The sixth round of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal face off against each other in a wet Vila do Conde, a match that saw a mild surprise with Nacional winning by a convincing 0-3.
Both Koka and Ghazal played the whole 90 minutes in a game which saw Rio Ave attacking early on, with Koka having a shot at goal which was deflected wide. Nacional replied and, with Ghazal having received a yellow card at the half hour mark, scored the first of the match via Claudemir in the 35th minute.
The second half had a slower start, courtesy of several substitutions, until Mario Rondón made the 0-2 for Nacional at the 75th minute with a header.
And soon enough, things got even worse for Rio Ave when substitute João Aurélio scored the third and final goal of the match in the 83rd minute.
With this result, Nacional moves up to 6th place, just off the European qualification spots and down in 11th place is Rio Ave, but three points away from the Madeira squad.
Next Friday, Rio Ave will go to Coimbra to meet Académica and Nacional host Braga.