Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
VIDEO: Ghazal trumps Koka in Portuguese Pharaohs duel
The sixth round of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Ahmed Hassan “Koka” and Ali Ghazal face off against each other in a wet Vila do Conde, a match that saw a mild surprise with Nacional winning by a convincing 0-3.
Both Koka and Ghazal played the whole 90 minutes in a game which saw Rio Ave attacking early on, with Koka having a shot at goal which was deflected wide. Nacional replied and, with Ghazal having received a yellow card at the half hour mark, scored the first of the match via Claudemir in the 35th minute.
The second half had a slower start, courtesy of several substitutions, until Mario Rondón made the 0-2 for Nacional at the 75th minute with a header.
And soon enough, things got even worse for Rio Ave when substitute João Aurélio scored the third and final goal of the match in the 83rd minute.
With this result, Nacional moves up to 6th place, just off the European qualification spots and down in 11th place is Rio Ave, but three points away from the Madeira squad.
Next Friday, Rio Ave will go to Coimbra to meet Académica and Nacional host Braga.