Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
VIDEO: Hossam Ghaly goes on nutmeg blitz as Lierse lose to Anderlecht
Egyptian-owned Belgian side Lierse were handed their fifth defeat of the season with a 2-0 loss at Belgian champions Anderlecht.
The Yellow and Blacks were able to finish the first half with a clean sheet after a solid defensive performance against the home side, with Farag on the left of the back-four.
In the second half Belgian international Guillaume Gillet scored a controversial goal which appeared to be offside for the champions after 65 minutes.
As Lierse rushed to clear the ball, the skillful Ghaly decided to add to his collection of nutmegs with Anderlecht’s Bruno Massimo the victim. Ghaly appeared to be tripped while attempting – but failing – to add another one a few seconds latter.
19-year-old Dennis Praet added the second goal for the home side to make it 2-0, twenty minutes after the first goal.
Just before the final whistle Ghaly was given a yellow card for a tackle on defender Borre.
The loss sends Lierse back down to 11th in the table with only 8 points from 9 games.
Also, enjoy this piece of skill from Ghaly last week: