Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
VIDEO: Hossam Ghaly goes on nutmeg blitz as Lierse lose to Anderlecht
Egyptian-owned Belgian side Lierse were handed their fifth defeat of the season with a 2-0 loss at Belgian champions Anderlecht.
The Yellow and Blacks were able to finish the first half with a clean sheet after a solid defensive performance against the home side, with Farag on the left of the back-four.
In the second half Belgian international Guillaume Gillet scored a controversial goal which appeared to be offside for the champions after 65 minutes.
As Lierse rushed to clear the ball, the skillful Ghaly decided to add to his collection of nutmegs with Anderlecht’s Bruno Massimo the victim. Ghaly appeared to be tripped while attempting – but failing – to add another one a few seconds latter.
19-year-old Dennis Praet added the second goal for the home side to make it 2-0, twenty minutes after the first goal.
Just before the final whistle Ghaly was given a yellow card for a tackle on defender Borre.
The loss sends Lierse back down to 11th in the table with only 8 points from 9 games.
Also, enjoy this piece of skill from Ghaly last week: