Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Ex-Zamalek Ghanaian Ayew urges Black Stars to be cautious of Egypt
Ghana midfielder Rahim Ayew has cautioned the Black Stars to be wary of Egypt ahead of their meeting in the 2014 World Cup play-offs.
The Black Stars will host the Pharaohs in the first leg on October 15 before they travel to Egypt to battle them at the Air Defence stadium in Cairo in the crucial return fixture.
Both teams have set their target of qualifying to the World Cup with the North African side expected to play Uganda in an international friendly on Monday to sharpen the team ahead of their trip to Ghana.
But the first son of Ghana legend Abedi Pele, who endured a nightmarish time at Zamalek, has urged the team not to leave anything to chance.
“For me the first leg is the most important fixture of the two-legged ties. Because when you manage a good scoreline, the return leg will be for the books,” Ayew said
“We have to ensure tat we beat them by a higher margin and ensure that they don’t score here.
“Because if they do, they will be dangerous in front of their home fans. I have played there and I know what they can do.
“They also passionate like us and will do anything under the sun to win the game. That’s why I want us to remain cautious. It is a tricky side.
“But I have absolute faith in my colleagues. They have been to many intimidating grounds and came back with their heads high.
“We have the men capabe of putting the Egyptians to sleep. We must work together as a team and ensure we achieve our ultimate goal of qualifying to the soccer mundial.”
Ayew is determined to stage a return to the team after signing for local giants Asante Kotoko.