Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
CONFIRMED: John Boye ruled out of Ghana – Egypt tie
Ghana defender John Boye is out of the Ghana vs. Egypt World Cup qualifying play-off tie and is replaced by Edwin Gyimah.
French Ligue 1 side Stade Rennes defender John Boye has been withdrawn from the Ghana squad that will face Egypt in the 2014 World Cup Qualifying play-off first leg in Kumasi next two weeks.
The 26-year-old has been suffering from a long term injury and it is reported that he is scheduled for a surgery on Monday 7th October, which rules him out of action for a minimum of four weeks to ensure proper recovery.
Defender John Boye has not played for Stade Rennes since the 31st August in the game against Lille that ended goalless.
The defender now adds up to Ghana’s injury list as defender Jonathan Mensah is out for six weeks, midfielder Rabiu Mohamed is also out for six weeks meaning the regular trio will miss the titanic clash in Kumasi.
Meanwhile, Edwin Gyimah of SuperSports United in South Africa has been called to replace the injured John Boye.
Afful Harrison will also miss the clash due to his suspension.