Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
CONFIRMED: John Boye ruled out of Ghana – Egypt tie
French Ligue 1 side Stade Rennes defender John Boye has been withdrawn from the Ghana squad that will face Egypt in the 2014 World Cup Qualifying play-off first leg in Kumasi next two weeks.
The 26-year-old has been suffering from a long term injury and it is reported that he is scheduled for a surgery on Monday 7th October, which rules him out of action for a minimum of four weeks to ensure proper recovery.
Defender John Boye has not played for Stade Rennes since the 31st August in the game against Lille that ended goalless.
The defender now adds up to Ghana’s injury list as defender Jonathan Mensah is out for six weeks, midfielder Rabiu Mohamed is also out for six weeks meaning the regular trio will miss the titanic clash in Kumasi.
Meanwhile, Edwin Gyimah of SuperSports United in South Africa has been called to replace the injured John Boye.
Afful Harrison will also miss the clash due to his suspension.