Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
CONFIRMED: John Boye ruled out of Ghana – Egypt tie
Ghana defender John Boye is out of the Ghana vs. Egypt World Cup qualifying play-off tie and is replaced by Edwin Gyimah.
French Ligue 1 side Stade Rennes defender John Boye has been withdrawn from the Ghana squad that will face Egypt in the 2014 World Cup Qualifying play-off first leg in Kumasi next two weeks.
The 26-year-old has been suffering from a long term injury and it is reported that he is scheduled for a surgery on Monday 7th October, which rules him out of action for a minimum of four weeks to ensure proper recovery.
Defender John Boye has not played for Stade Rennes since the 31st August in the game against Lille that ended goalless.
The defender now adds up to Ghana’s injury list as defender Jonathan Mensah is out for six weeks, midfielder Rabiu Mohamed is also out for six weeks meaning the regular trio will miss the titanic clash in Kumasi.
Meanwhile, Edwin Gyimah of SuperSports United in South Africa has been called to replace the injured John Boye.
Afful Harrison will also miss the clash due to his suspension.