Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Egypt’s Ali Ghazal braced for ‘big’ Braga
Nacional, who are now sixth place in the Liga ZON Sagres following their impressive 3-0 away victory over Koka’s Rio Ave, host third-placed Braga this weekend.
21-year-old Egypt international Ali Ghazal anticipates a tough match on Sunday, but says his side have their sights on a top three finish this season.
“Braga is a big team and it won’t be an easy game, but we take the game as every game we play,” said Ghazal in a press conference on Nacional TV.
The defensive midfielder established himself as a regular in Madeira towards the end of last season following his arrival from Wadi Degla in January in a deal worth €40,000.
Ghazal continues to impress in Portugal and has started four of Nacional’s six league matches so far this season as his side are currently sitting just a point off of Benfica for the final European qualification spot.
“When I came here it was totally different for me to play in Europe and in a good league like Portugal, so it was not easy for me to adapt very fast,” Ghazal recalled.
“[Towards the end of last season] I started to be a bit adapted with the games and the league and this season I think I’m getting better.”
When asked if he feels he’s improving after each game, Ghazal responded: “Of course, if I keep playing like this every game then I will be even better than in the other game.”
With the Egyptian national team quite stacked in the central midfield department, Ghazal was not included in Bob Bradley’s provisional squad ahead of the crucial World Cup qualifying play-off against Ghana.
Watch Ali’s full press conference below…