Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: Kahraba sparks Luzern to victory with first goal in Switzerland
Mahmoud Kahraba sparks FC Luzern to a 2-0 victory over FC Zurich with his first goal in Switzerland.
FC Luzern moved up to third in the Swiss League on Saturday with a 2-0 win at FC Zurich, who have won four of their previous five games, with Egypt U-20 star Mahmoud Kahraba opening the scoring after 39 minutes.
On his first start for the club, 19-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, who carries the strange nickname of ‘Kahraba’ given that it means ‘electricity’ in Arabic, latched onto a quality through ball before bursting past two defenders and slotting past goalkeeper David Da Costa.
Kahraba, was lively throughout the match and came close to doubling his tally on a few occasions, most notably with a well struck volley that went just wide of the post.
The attacking midfielder, who is included in Bob Bradley’s provisional squad ahead of Egypt’s World Cup qualifying play-offs against Ghana, also contributed defensively as he provided cover down the right flank and even made a few decent tackles to help Luzern hold onto a clean sheet.
Kahraba, who was later named the Man of the Match, went down on his knees in prayer to express his delight with his performance after being replaced in the 76th minute.
Croatian defender Puljic doubled the score for Luzern after 81 minutes, heading home a corner to seal the three points for the visitors.