Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
VIDEO: Kahraba sparks Luzern to victory with first goal in Switzerland
Mahmoud Kahraba sparks FC Luzern to a 2-0 victory over FC Zurich with his first goal in Switzerland.
FC Luzern moved up to third in the Swiss League on Saturday with a 2-0 win at FC Zurich, who have won four of their previous five games, with Egypt U-20 star Mahmoud Kahraba opening the scoring after 39 minutes.
On his first start for the club, 19-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, who carries the strange nickname of ‘Kahraba’ given that it means ‘electricity’ in Arabic, latched onto a quality through ball before bursting past two defenders and slotting past goalkeeper David Da Costa.
Kahraba, was lively throughout the match and came close to doubling his tally on a few occasions, most notably with a well struck volley that went just wide of the post.
The attacking midfielder, who is included in Bob Bradley’s provisional squad ahead of Egypt’s World Cup qualifying play-offs against Ghana, also contributed defensively as he provided cover down the right flank and even made a few decent tackles to help Luzern hold onto a clean sheet.
Kahraba, who was later named the Man of the Match, went down on his knees in prayer to express his delight with his performance after being replaced in the 76th minute.
Croatian defender Puljic doubled the score for Luzern after 81 minutes, heading home a corner to seal the three points for the visitors.