Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
VIDEO: Ghaly and Farag involved as Lierse win at home
Egyptian midfielder Ghaly was involved in the first goal when he passed the ball to Wanderson who sent a long ball towards Julien Vercauteren before the latter shot a beautiful volley to put his team a head after only 19 minutes.
The 20-year-old Julien showed that his four goals on Monday against the youngsters of Club Brugge were no coincidence.
Ahmed Samir Farag fired a low cross from the left hand side, the Mons skipper failed to clear the danger and the promising Belgian pounced from seventeen yards but his shot went straight into the keeper hands.
In the second half the visitors had some chances to equalize but the Yellow and Blacks defense was good enough to handle their crosses, Ghaly also cleared one with the back of his head.
In the 78 minute Brazilian youngster Wamberto played a corner towards the Franco-Moroccan central midfielder Rachid Bourabia who climbed high to head Lierse 2-0 up.
Lorenzi scored the only goal for the visitors from the penalty spot, despite Ghaly trying to signal which direction he would shoot (and he got it right, too).
This win advances Stanley Menzo’s players to the 10th position in the league with eleven points.