Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Salah on target as FC Basel come from behind to down Lausanne
After finding themselves trailing 14th minutes into the match at the Stade Olympique de la Pontaise through a goal from Salim Khelifi, Swiss champions Basel equalized six minutes from the interval thanks to a decent strike from Egypt hotshot Salah.
Salah struck a strong low shot with his left foot from just outside the box which bounced off the post and off the keeper’s head to level the score for Basel minutes before half time. Although the strike was at first recorded as Salah’s third league goal of the season, the official website of the Swiss Super League later awarded it to goalkeeper Fickentscher, as an own goal.
Swiss-Albanian centre-back Arlind Ajeti headed home Delgado’s corner on the 60th minute to seal the comeback for Basel.
The Egyptian duo who both joined Basel from Arab Contractors have been named in Bob Bradley’s final squad ahead of Egypt’s crucial World Cup qualifying play-off at Ghana on October 15.
The win keeps Basel on top of the league with 22 points, three ahead of Grasshoppers who still have a game in hand.