Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Salah on target as FC Basel come from behind to down Lausanne
After finding themselves trailing 14th minutes into the match at the Stade Olympique de la Pontaise through a goal from Salim Khelifi, Swiss champions Basel equalized six minutes from the interval thanks to a decent strike from Egypt hotshot Salah.
Salah struck a strong low shot with his left foot from just outside the box which bounced off the post and off the keeper’s head to level the score for Basel minutes before half time. Although the strike was at first recorded as Salah’s third league goal of the season, the official website of the Swiss Super League later awarded it to goalkeeper Fickentscher, as an own goal.
Swiss-Albanian centre-back Arlind Ajeti headed home Delgado’s corner on the 60th minute to seal the comeback for Basel.
Salah was substituted five minutes from full time, while Egypt team-mate Mohamed El-Nenny played the full 90 minutes in central midfield after recently recovering from a shoulder injury.
The win keeps Basel on top of the league with 22 points, three ahead of Grasshoppers who still have a game in hand.