Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Egyptian duo enter late as FC Basel down St. Gallen ahead of UCL clash
Fabian Frei, Marco Streller and Taulant Xhaka were all on target as Basel claimed a 3-0 victory ahead of their upcoming UEFA Champions League Group E clash with FC Steaua Bucureşti this week.
21-year-old Egyptian duo Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny, who recently returned from international duty following a humiliating 6-1 defeat in Kumasi, only played the final 20 minutes as they were given a rest ahead of the crucial match in Bucharest on Tuesday.
The win keeps Basel on top of the Swiss Super League with 25 points from 12 games, but Grasshoppers, who are on 19 points, could soon equal their tally as they have two games in hand.
FC Basel were later shocked at home as they lost 1-0 against FC Schalke in their second match in Group E, thanks to a wonder-goal from Schalke’s Julian Draxler.
Salah has had the highest number of attempts on target for Basel in the UEFA Champions League so far with six, and is currently their top scorer in Europe with three goals.