Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Egyptian duo enter late as FC Basel down St. Gallen ahead of UCL clash
Fabian Frei, Marco Streller and Taulant Xhaka were all on target as Basel claimed a 3-0 victory ahead of their upcoming UEFA Champions League Group E clash with FC Steaua Bucureşti this week.
21-year-old Egyptian duo Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny, who recently returned from international duty following a humiliating 6-1 defeat in Kumasi, only played the final 20 minutes as they were given a rest ahead of the crucial match in Bucharest on Tuesday.
The win keeps Basel on top of the Swiss Super League with 25 points from 12 games, but Grasshoppers, who are on 19 points, could soon equal their tally as they have two games in hand.
FC Basel were later shocked at home as they lost 1-0 against FC Schalke in their second match in Group E, thanks to a wonder-goal from Schalke’s Julian Draxler.
Salah has had the highest number of attempts on target for Basel in the UEFA Champions League so far with six, and is currently their top scorer in Europe with three goals.