Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Egyptian duo enter late as FC Basel down St. Gallen ahead of UCL clash
Fabian Frei, Marco Streller and Taulant Xhaka were all on target as Basel claimed a 3-0 victory ahead of their upcoming UEFA Champions League Group E clash with FC Steaua Bucureşti this week.
21-year-old Egyptian duo Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny, who recently returned from international duty following a humiliating 6-1 defeat in Kumasi, only played the final 20 minutes as they were given a rest ahead of the crucial match in Bucharest on Tuesday.
The win keeps Basel on top of the Swiss Super League with 25 points from 12 games, but Grasshoppers, who are on 19 points, could soon equal their tally as they have two games in hand.
FC Basel were later shocked at home as they lost 1-0 against FC Schalke in their second match in Group E, thanks to a wonder-goal from Schalke’s Julian Draxler.
Salah has had the highest number of attempts on target for Basel in the UEFA Champions League so far with six, and is currently their top scorer in Europe with three goals.