Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Egyptian duo enter late as FC Basel down St. Gallen ahead of UCL clash
Fabian Frei, Marco Streller and Taulant Xhaka were all on target as Basel claimed a 3-0 victory ahead of their upcoming UEFA Champions League Group E clash with FC Steaua Bucureşti this week.
21-year-old Egyptian duo Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny, who recently returned from international duty following a humiliating 6-1 defeat in Kumasi, only played the final 20 minutes as they were given a rest ahead of the crucial match in Bucharest on Tuesday.
The win keeps Basel on top of the Swiss Super League with 25 points from 12 games, but Grasshoppers, who are on 19 points, could soon equal their tally as they have two games in hand.
FC Basel were later shocked at home as they lost 1-0 against FC Schalke in their second match in Group E, thanks to a wonder-goal from Schalke’s Julian Draxler.
Salah has had the highest number of attempts on target for Basel in the UEFA Champions League so far with six, and is currently their top scorer in Europe with three goals.