Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Kahraba scores again as FC Luzern held by Young Boys
FC Luzern were held to a 1-1 draw at the Swissporarena in the Swiss Super League on Sunday, but it was 19-year-old Egyptian Kahraba who scored the only goal for the hosts after just five minutes.
Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, who scored on his first start in Switzerland a fortnight ago, was on target again for Luzern after pouncing on a defensive error before calmly sliding the ball past goalkeeper Marco Wölfli.
Kahraba was lively throughout the match and even won a penalty for the hosts in the second half after being tripped by ex-Smouha hitman Samuel Afum inside the Young Boys penalty box, but Australian Bozanic was denied from the spot.
The attacking midfielder, who was left on the bench in Egypt’s humiliating 6-1 World Cup qualifying loss to Ghana last Tuesday, seemed to have pulled a muscle late in the match after scuffing a weak shot from distance.
Kahraba limped off the pitch while holding onto his thigh as he was substituted in the 76th minute by Adrian Winter, but the Egyptian starlet was still able to kneel in prayer on the touchline after being replaced.
Michael Frey equalized for the visitors on the 84th minute and Luzern had to settle for a point after missing a few glorious chances in the dying minutes.
FC Luzern remain in third on 19 points and are set to face FC Lausanne-Sport next weekend.