Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
VIDEO: Kahraba scores again as FC Luzern held by Young Boys
FC Luzern were held to a 1-1 draw at the Swissporarena in the Swiss Super League on Sunday, but it was 19-year-old Egyptian Kahraba who scored the only goal for the hosts after just five minutes.
Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, who scored on his first start in Switzerland a fortnight ago, was on target again for Luzern after pouncing on a defensive error before calmly sliding the ball past goalkeeper Marco Wölfli.
Kahraba was lively throughout the match and even won a penalty for the hosts in the second half after being tripped by ex-Smouha hitman Samuel Afum inside the Young Boys penalty box, but Australian Bozanic was denied from the spot.
The attacking midfielder, who was left on the bench in Egypt’s humiliating 6-1 World Cup qualifying loss to Ghana last Tuesday, seemed to have pulled a muscle late in the match after scuffing a weak shot from distance.
Kahraba limped off the pitch while holding onto his thigh as he was substituted in the 76th minute by Adrian Winter, but the Egyptian starlet was still able to kneel in prayer on the touchline after being replaced.
Michael Frey equalized for the visitors on the 84th minute and Luzern had to settle for a point after missing a few glorious chances in the dying minutes.
FC Luzern remain in third on 19 points and are set to face FC Lausanne-Sport next weekend.