Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Salah, El-Nenny’s FC Basel stunned by 88th minute equaliser in Romania
Basel had majority of control over the game. Their first real threat came through defender Ivanov when his effort was cleared on the line by Georgievski.
Stocker came close in the 39th minute when his deflected shot hit the woodwork. It wasn’t until the 48th minute for a Marcelo Diaz curler to give his side the lead.
Both sides wasted chances up until the 88th minute when Leandro Tatu scored the equaliser after poor defending from the Swiss side.
Egypt international Mohamed Salah (completed 90 mins) had a quite game with little impact while Mohamed El-Nenny came on for Streller in the 74th minute in an attempt by Murat Yakin to close the game down while 1-0 up.
In the meantime, Chelsea beat German side Schalke 04 in Gelsenkirchen 3-0 thanks to a Fernando Torres double & a Hazard strike.
The Swiss side sit third in their group with 4 points after 3 games while Chelsea leads Schalke (6 points each) with only goal difference separating them.
Basel will now wait till the 6th of November to face the Romanian side again in Switzerland.