Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Salah, El-Nenny’s FC Basel stunned by 88th minute equaliser in Romania
Basel had majority of control over the game. Their first real threat came through defender Ivanov when his effort was cleared on the line by Georgievski.
Stocker came close in the 39th minute when his deflected shot hit the woodwork. It wasn’t until the 48th minute for a Marcelo Diaz curler to give his side the lead.
Both sides wasted chances up until the 88th minute when Leandro Tatu scored the equaliser after poor defending from the Swiss side.
Egypt international Mohamed Salah (completed 90 mins) had a quite game with little impact while Mohamed El-Nenny came on for Streller in the 74th minute in an attempt by Murat Yakin to close the game down while 1-0 up.
In the meantime, Chelsea beat German side Schalke 04 in Gelsenkirchen 3-0 thanks to a Fernando Torres double & a Hazard strike.
The Swiss side sit third in their group with 4 points after 3 games while Chelsea leads Schalke (6 points each) with only goal difference separating them.
Basel will now wait till the 6th of November to face the Romanian side again in Switzerland.