Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
VIDEO: Salah, El-Nenny’s FC Basel stunned by 88th minute equaliser in Romania
Basel had majority of control over the game. Their first real threat came through defender Ivanov when his effort was cleared on the line by Georgievski.
Stocker came close in the 39th minute when his deflected shot hit the woodwork. It wasn’t until the 48th minute for a Marcelo Diaz curler to give his side the lead.
Both sides wasted chances up until the 88th minute when Leandro Tatu scored the equaliser after poor defending from the Swiss side.
Egypt international Mohamed Salah (completed 90 mins) had a quite game with little impact while Mohamed El-Nenny came on for Streller in the 74th minute in an attempt by Murat Yakin to close the game down while 1-0 up.
In the meantime, Chelsea beat German side Schalke 04 in Gelsenkirchen 3-0 thanks to a Fernando Torres double & a Hazard strike.
The Swiss side sit third in their group with 4 points after 3 games while Chelsea leads Schalke (6 points each) with only goal difference separating them.
Basel will now wait till the 6th of November to face the Romanian side again in Switzerland.