Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: Shika magic inspires Zamalek to thrash Tanta in Egypt Cup
Ahmed Eid, Hazem Emam, Ahmed Gaafar and Ahmed Ali were all on target for Zamalek today but it was Shikabala who orchestrated the show, playing a crucial role in three of the goals as the Whites advanced to the Egypt Cup quarter-finals.
Eid opened the scoring in the 20th minute as Hani Saeid header the ball towards the Egypt striker following a dangerous cross by Shikabala, nine minutes before Hazem Emam netted the second with a sweet strike using the outside of his right boot.
In the second half, Ahmed Gaafar headed in the third on the 60th minute and recent signing Ahmed Ali, who came on as a second-half sub, completed the rout from the penalty spot 18 minutes before time.
The match also saw another recent signing in Momen Zakaria, who joined on loan from ENPPI, make his debut but he was replaced in the second half after picking up a yellow card.
The tournament was brought back to life after a four-month halt due to security concerns following the ouster of president Mohamed Morsi.
The Whites, who last won the Cup title in 2008, are now set to meet Military Production in the quarter-finals.
Watch the goals here: