Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Shika magic inspires Zamalek to thrash Tanta in Egypt Cup
Ahmed Eid, Hazem Emam, Ahmed Gaafar and Ahmed Ali were all on target for Zamalek today but it was Shikabala who orchestrated the show, playing a crucial role in three of the goals as the Whites advanced to the Egypt Cup quarter-finals.
Eid opened the scoring in the 20th minute as Hani Saeid header the ball towards the Egypt striker following a dangerous cross by Shikabala, nine minutes before Hazem Emam netted the second with a sweet strike using the outside of his right boot.
In the second half, Ahmed Gaafar headed in the third on the 60th minute and recent signing Ahmed Ali, who came on as a second-half sub, completed the rout from the penalty spot 18 minutes before time.
The match also saw another recent signing in Momen Zakaria, who joined on loan from ENPPI, make his debut but he was replaced in the second half after picking up a yellow card.
The tournament was brought back to life after a four-month halt due to security concerns following the ouster of president Mohamed Morsi.
The Whites, who last won the Cup title in 2008, are now set to meet Military Production in the quarter-finals.
Watch the goals here: