Abdulai Alhassan, Bolga All Stars FC owner, featured in his team’s draw...
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
VIDEO: Shika magic inspires Zamalek to thrash Tanta in Egypt Cup
Ahmed Eid, Hazem Emam, Ahmed Gaafar and Ahmed Ali were all on target for Zamalek today but it was Shikabala who orchestrated the show, playing a crucial role in three of the goals as the Whites advanced to the Egypt Cup quarter-finals.
Eid opened the scoring in the 20th minute as Hani Saeid header the ball towards the Egypt striker following a dangerous cross by Shikabala, nine minutes before Hazem Emam netted the second with a sweet strike using the outside of his right boot.
In the second half, Ahmed Gaafar headed in the third on the 60th minute and recent signing Ahmed Ali, who came on as a second-half sub, completed the rout from the penalty spot 18 minutes before time.
The match also saw another recent signing in Momen Zakaria, who joined on loan from ENPPI, make his debut but he was replaced in the second half after picking up a yellow card.
The tournament was brought back to life after a four-month halt due to security concerns following the ouster of president Mohamed Morsi.
The Whites, who last won the Cup title in 2008, are now set to meet Military Production in the quarter-finals.
Watch the goals here: