Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
VIDEO: Shika magic inspires Zamalek to thrash Tanta in Egypt Cup
Ahmed Eid, Hazem Emam, Ahmed Gaafar and Ahmed Ali were all on target for Zamalek today but it was Shikabala who orchestrated the show, playing a crucial role in three of the goals as the Whites advanced to the Egypt Cup quarter-finals.
Eid opened the scoring in the 20th minute as Hani Saeid header the ball towards the Egypt striker following a dangerous cross by Shikabala, nine minutes before Hazem Emam netted the second with a sweet strike using the outside of his right boot.
In the second half, Ahmed Gaafar headed in the third on the 60th minute and recent signing Ahmed Ali, who came on as a second-half sub, completed the rout from the penalty spot 18 minutes before time.
The match also saw another recent signing in Momen Zakaria, who joined on loan from ENPPI, make his debut but he was replaced in the second half after picking up a yellow card.
The tournament was brought back to life after a four-month halt due to security concerns following the ouster of president Mohamed Morsi.
The Whites, who last won the Cup title in 2008, are now set to meet Military Production in the quarter-finals.
Watch the goals here: