Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
VIDEO: Abd-Rabo sends Ismaily through to Egypt Cup semi-finals
Hosni Abd-Rabo scored the only goal as Ismaily defeated second division side Al-Nasr in Gouna Stadium on Monday.
The only goal of the 2013 Egypt Cup quarter-final came just before the 4-minute mark when 21-year-old Mohamed “Zika” – who recently signed from Arab Contractors – headed the ball into a dangerous area for Abd-Rabo to guide into the back of the net.
Second division side Al-Nasr proved difficult for Ismaily to break down and had a few dangerous chances of their own, but they were lucky not to find themselves 2-0 down after Zika’s stunning chip was denied by the crossbar.
Ismaily will next face Wadi Degla – who knocked out ENPPI in the quarter-finals – in Luxor on Sunday November 3rd.
In the other semi-final scheduled to be played on the same day, Zamalek will meet Tala’a El-Gaish at El-Gouna Stadium.