Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
VIDEO: Abd-Rabo sends Ismaily through to Egypt Cup semi-finals
Hosni Abd-Rabo scored the only goal as Ismaily defeated second division side Al-Nasr in Gouna Stadium on Monday.
The only goal of the 2013 Egypt Cup quarter-final came just before the 4-minute mark when 21-year-old Mohamed “Zika” – who recently signed from Arab Contractors – headed the ball into a dangerous area for Abd-Rabo to guide into the back of the net.
Second division side Al-Nasr proved difficult for Ismaily to break down and had a few dangerous chances of their own, but they were lucky not to find themselves 2-0 down after Zika’s stunning chip was denied by the crossbar.
Ismaily will next face Wadi Degla – who knocked out ENPPI in the quarter-finals – in Luxor on Sunday November 3rd.
In the other semi-final scheduled to be played on the same day, Zamalek will meet Tala’a El-Gaish at El-Gouna Stadium.