Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
VIDEO: Abd-Rabo sends Ismaily through to Egypt Cup semi-finals
Hosni Abd-Rabo scored the only goal as Ismaily defeated second division side Al-Nasr in Gouna Stadium on Monday.
The only goal of the 2013 Egypt Cup quarter-final came just before the 4-minute mark when 21-year-old Mohamed “Zika” – who recently signed from Arab Contractors – headed the ball into a dangerous area for Abd-Rabo to guide into the back of the net.
Second division side Al-Nasr proved difficult for Ismaily to break down and had a few dangerous chances of their own, but they were lucky not to find themselves 2-0 down after Zika’s stunning chip was denied by the crossbar.
Ismaily will next face Wadi Degla – who knocked out ENPPI in the quarter-finals – in Luxor on Sunday November 3rd.
In the other semi-final scheduled to be played on the same day, Zamalek will meet Tala’a El-Gaish at El-Gouna Stadium.