Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Nacional bid for Haras El-Hodood defender Mahmoud Alaa
Portuguese side Nacional – who already have Egyptian Ali Ghazal within their ranks – have sent an offer of €100,000 for 22-year-old centre-back Mahmoud Alaa ahead of the January transfer window.
“I received an official offer from the team Nacional Madeira, and the offer already arrived to the board of Haras El-Hodood,” Alaa told YallaKora.
The board of the Alexandria-based club are prepared to begin negotiations with the Primeira Liga side, which could see Alaa link up with fellow Egypt international Ali Ghazal, who is a regular starter in Madeira.
The 6 foot 2 inches (1.89 m) tall centre-back made 13 appearances for El-Hodood before the 2012/2013 season was called off, but the club are reportedly willing to allow the young Egyptian defender depart for Portugal on a permanent transfer in January.
Alaa represented Egypt at the 2011 U-20 World Cup in Columbia, the 2012 London Olympics and has four senior caps with the national team under American coach Bob Bradley.