Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Nacional bid for Haras El-Hodood defender Mahmoud Alaa
Portuguese side Nacional – who already have Egyptian Ali Ghazal within their ranks – have sent an offer of €100,000 for 22-year-old centre-back Mahmoud Alaa ahead of the January transfer window.
“I received an official offer from the team Nacional Madeira, and the offer already arrived to the board of Haras El-Hodood,” Alaa told YallaKora.
The board of the Alexandria-based club are prepared to begin negotiations with the Primeira Liga side, which could see Alaa link up with fellow Egypt international Ali Ghazal, who is a regular starter in Madeira.
The 6 foot 2 inches (1.89 m) tall centre-back made 13 appearances for El-Hodood before the 2012/2013 season was called off, but the club are reportedly willing to allow the young Egyptian defender depart for Portugal on a permanent transfer in January.
Alaa represented Egypt at the 2011 U-20 World Cup in Columbia, the 2012 London Olympics and has four senior caps with the national team under American coach Bob Bradley.