Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Ghana FA: No friendly match to be played ahead of Egypt qualifier
The Spokesman of the Ghana FA says the Black Stars will not play any friendly match as part of their preparations for the second leg of the 2014 WC qualifying play-off against Egypt.
Ghana will go into the second with a comfortable buffer after the 6-1 whitewashing of the Egyptians in Kumasi on October 15.
The Pharaohs will play Zambia in an international friendly before the WC qualifying fixture as Kingfut.com revealed recently.
But coach James Kwesi Appiah’s team have no intentions of doing same.
“We don’t have any plans of playing any friendly match.
“Most of our players are based in Europe, they would have played the weekend before the match and we think any exercise in playing any competitive friendly match might be detrimental to our aspirations.
“We can get a mild preparation with a lower division side because it helps in team tactics and confidence.
“I can confidently say that we will not play any friendly match before the game against the Egyptians,” Ghana FA spokesperson Ibrahim Saani Daara told Accra based, Radio XYZ.
The Black Stars are expected to qualify at the expense of Egypt for a third straight appearance at the global showpiece.