Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Ghana FA: No friendly match to be played ahead of Egypt qualifier
The Ghana Football Association says it has no plans of arranging a friendly match for the Black Stars before they take on Egypt next month.
The Spokesman of the Ghana FA says the Black Stars will not play any friendly match as part of their preparations for the second leg of the 2014 WC qualifying play-off against Egypt.
Ghana will go into the second with a comfortable buffer after the 6-1 whitewashing of the Egyptians in Kumasi on October 15.
The Pharaohs will play Zambia in an international friendly before the WC qualifying fixture as Kingfut.com revealed recently.
But coach James Kwesi Appiah’s team have no intentions of doing same.
“We don’t have any plans of playing any friendly match.
“Most of our players are based in Europe, they would have played the weekend before the match and we think any exercise in playing any competitive friendly match might be detrimental to our aspirations.
“We can get a mild preparation with a lower division side because it helps in team tactics and confidence.
“I can confidently say that we will not play any friendly match before the game against the Egyptians,” Ghana FA spokesperson Ibrahim Saani Daara told Accra based, Radio XYZ.
The Black Stars are expected to qualify at the expense of Egypt for a third straight appearance at the global showpiece.