Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
John Boye to miss second leg of World Cup qualifier against Egypt
Ghana defender John Boye is scheduled to return to action in December, ruling him out of next month’s World Cup play-off return leg against Egypt.
The Rennes centre-back missed the first leg encounter at the Baba Yara Stadium where the West Africans won in a fashionable way.
The centre-back suffered a pubis injury early this month and will spend two months in the treatment room.
He has undergone surgery and should be ready to kick a ball before the winter break in the French Ligue 1.
Boye has been battling injuries since featuring for Ghana in the final Group D World Cup qualifier against Zambia in September.
The 26-year-old has been a regular in the Black Stars set-up and that will mean head coach Kwesi Appiah must plan without his services.
The Black Stars will face the Pharaohs of Egypt on November 19 in Cairo.