Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
John Boye to miss second leg of World Cup qualifier against Egypt
Ghana defender John Boye is scheduled to return to action in December, ruling him out of next month’s World Cup play-off return leg against Egypt.
The Rennes centre-back missed the first leg encounter at the Baba Yara Stadium where the West Africans won in a fashionable way.
The centre-back suffered a pubis injury early this month and will spend two months in the treatment room.
He has undergone surgery and should be ready to kick a ball before the winter break in the French Ligue 1.
Boye has been battling injuries since featuring for Ghana in the final Group D World Cup qualifier against Zambia in September.
The 26-year-old has been a regular in the Black Stars set-up and that will mean head coach Kwesi Appiah must plan without his services.
The Black Stars will face the Pharaohs of Egypt on November 19 in Cairo.