KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
VIDEO: Gedo vs Spurs – Individual Highlights
Egypt international Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ replaced Robert Koren in the 81st minute as Hull City aimed for the decisive winner at White Hart Lane.
In extra-time, after the scores were level at 1-1 after 90 minutes, Paul McShane powered in a header past Friedel in the 98th minute.
Shortly after, Gedo, who turned 29 yesterday, had a great opportunity to make it 3-1 for the Tigers but his shot went just past the post minutes before Harry Kane equalized for Tottenham to force the game to penalties.
Gedo curled his penalty past Friedel in the shoot-out before fellow Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady missed the decisive kick to send Spurs through to the quarter-finals.
The Egyptian striker has yet to make his English Premier League debut since re-joining from Cairo giants Al-Ahly on transfer deadline day. He has continued to feature for the reserves as he bids for full fitness after recently recovering from an ankle injury.
Gedo, who was also on loan at the KC Stadium last season, hit five goals in his first five starts for the club to boost the Tigers’ promotion drive.
Gedo’s individual highlights vs. Tottenham: