The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Gedo vs Spurs – Individual Highlights
Egypt international Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ replaced Robert Koren in the 81st minute as Hull City aimed for the decisive winner at White Hart Lane.
In extra-time, after the scores were level at 1-1 after 90 minutes, Paul McShane powered in a header past Friedel in the 98th minute.
Shortly after, Gedo, who turned 29 yesterday, had a great opportunity to make it 3-1 for the Tigers but his shot went just past the post minutes before Harry Kane equalized for Tottenham to force the game to penalties.
Gedo curled his penalty past Friedel in the shoot-out before fellow Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady missed the decisive kick to send Spurs through to the quarter-finals.
The Egyptian striker has yet to make his English Premier League debut since re-joining from Cairo giants Al-Ahly on transfer deadline day. He has continued to feature for the reserves as he bids for full fitness after recently recovering from an ankle injury.
Gedo, who was also on loan at the KC Stadium last season, hit five goals in his first five starts for the club to boost the Tigers’ promotion drive.
Gedo’s individual highlights vs. Tottenham: