Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Gedo vs Spurs – Individual Highlights
Gedo vs Spurs – Individual highlights of the Egypt international’s performance for Hull City against Spurs in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday night.
Egypt international Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ replaced Robert Koren in the 81st minute as Hull City aimed for the decisive winner at White Hart Lane.
In extra-time, after the scores were level at 1-1 after 90 minutes, Paul McShane powered in a header past Friedel in the 98th minute.
Shortly after, Gedo, who turned 29 yesterday, had a great opportunity to make it 3-1 for the Tigers but his shot went just past the post minutes before Harry Kane equalized for Tottenham to force the game to penalties.
Gedo curled his penalty past Friedel in the shoot-out before fellow Egyptian compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady missed the decisive kick to send Spurs through to the quarter-finals.
The Egyptian striker has yet to make his English Premier League debut since re-joining from Cairo giants Al-Ahly on transfer deadline day. He has continued to feature for the reserves as he bids for full fitness after recently recovering from an ankle injury.
Gedo, who was also on loan at the KC Stadium last season, hit five goals in his first five starts for the club to boost the Tigers’ promotion drive.
Gedo’s individual highlights vs. Tottenham: