Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Egypt to provide security for 500 Ghanaian fans
Following FIFA’s approval of Cairo as a safe venue to host the 2nd leg of the World Cup playoffs between Egypt and Ghana, the host Football Association has communicated to the Ghana FA they can only accommodate and provide adequate security to 500 away fans for the November 19 game.
The Football’s governing body on Wednesday approved the Air Defence Stadium in Cairo to host 30,000 spectators for the return duel of which Ghana holds a 6-1 advantage.
“Our Egyptian counterparts have communicated that they can provide security to only 500 fans from Ghana. This means we have to organize ourselves well to have one organized supporters body to travel to Cairo for the match,” Ghana FA President Kwasi Nyantakyi said.
But the President during whose tenure Ghana has made it to two consecutive World Cup finals says the Egypt FA is yet to communicate their security measures to Ghana and reveals plans to send an advance party to Cairo.
“At this time, the Egypt FA is yet to feed us with their security roadmap for the game but we have plans of sending an advance party to survey the host venue before the Black Stars land in Cairo for the match. We are attaching all the seriousness to the match and make sure we complete our qualification on a high,” he added.
The Black Stars are scheduled to arrive in Egypt 24 hours to the match from their Addis Ababa camping base.