Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
VIDEO: Farag free-kick lifts 10-man Lierse over Charleroi
An excellent Ahmed Samir Farag free-kick saw 10-man Lierse claim all three points at home in a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi on Saturday.
Egypt international Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract expires at the end of the season, scored a delightful free-kick less than 10 minutes after on loan Celtic striker Tony Watt was unjustly sent off to seal Lierse’s comeback at the Het Lisp.
Dolly Menga capitalized on a defensive slip-up and scored in the 52nd minute to cancel out Giuseppe Rossini’s opener for Charleroi less than five minutes prior.
27-year-old left-back Farag found the back of the net for the first time in the Belgium with a free-kick just outside the box in the 71st minute to gift Lierse their first win in four games.
Egypt international duo Ahmed Samir Farag and Hossam Ghaly both played the full 90 minutes on Saturday, and the latter was cautioned in the final minute of the game.
Zamalek are said to be interested in signing Farag in January, but it is highly unlikely after the White Knights tied down Mohamed Abdel-Shafy to a new 3-year deal this week, while the player is keen to continue in Europe.
Lierse moved up to 11th place in the league with 14 points from 14 games. The Yellow Black’s Army are set to face 13th place OH Leuven next Saturday.
Ahmed Samir Farag Post-Match Interview: