Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Farag free-kick lifts 10-man Lierse over Charleroi
An excellent Ahmed Samir Farag free-kick saw 10-man Lierse claim all three points at home in a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi on Saturday.
Egypt international Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract expires at the end of the season, scored a delightful free-kick less than 10 minutes after on loan Celtic striker Tony Watt was unjustly sent off to seal Lierse’s comeback at the Het Lisp.
Dolly Menga capitalized on a defensive slip-up and scored in the 52nd minute to cancel out Giuseppe Rossini’s opener for Charleroi less than five minutes prior.
27-year-old left-back Farag found the back of the net for the first time in the Belgium with a free-kick just outside the box in the 71st minute to gift Lierse their first win in four games.
Egypt international duo Ahmed Samir Farag and Hossam Ghaly both played the full 90 minutes on Saturday, and the latter was cautioned in the final minute of the game.
Zamalek are said to be interested in signing Farag in January, but it is highly unlikely after the White Knights tied down Mohamed Abdel-Shafy to a new 3-year deal this week, while the player is keen to continue in Europe.
Lierse moved up to 11th place in the league with 14 points from 14 games. The Yellow Black’s Army are set to face 13th place OH Leuven next Saturday.
Ahmed Samir Farag Post-Match Interview: