Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
VIDEO: Farag free-kick lifts 10-man Lierse over Charleroi
An excellent Ahmed Samir Farag free-kick saw 10-man Lierse claim all three points at home in a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi on Saturday.
Egypt international Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract expires at the end of the season, scored a delightful free-kick less than 10 minutes after on loan Celtic striker Tony Watt was unjustly sent off to seal Lierse’s comeback at the Het Lisp.
Dolly Menga capitalized on a defensive slip-up and scored in the 52nd minute to cancel out Giuseppe Rossini’s opener for Charleroi less than five minutes prior.
27-year-old left-back Farag found the back of the net for the first time in the Belgium with a free-kick just outside the box in the 71st minute to gift Lierse their first win in four games.
Egypt international duo Ahmed Samir Farag and Hossam Ghaly both played the full 90 minutes on Saturday, and the latter was cautioned in the final minute of the game.
Zamalek are said to be interested in signing Farag in January, but it is highly unlikely after the White Knights tied down Mohamed Abdel-Shafy to a new 3-year deal this week, while the player is keen to continue in Europe.
Lierse moved up to 11th place in the league with 14 points from 14 games. The Yellow Black’s Army are set to face 13th place OH Leuven next Saturday.
Ahmed Samir Farag Post-Match Interview: