Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Black Stars swap Ethiopia for Turkey ahead of Cairo showdown
The West Africans would prepare for the World Cup reverse qualifier against Egypt after being told of the below-par facilities in Adis Ababa.
The GFA were informed by a representative who described the Ethiopian facilities as “not to the standard of the Black Stars”. Ghana who had used the facilities in Addis Ababa in preparation towards the World Cup qualifying double header against Sudan and Lesotho in June had hoped to return to the East African nation for the Cairo game which is a fortnight away.
An 8-day pre-game training camp was initially scheduled for Ethiopia has now been changed and moved to Turkey as part of the preparations for the fixture against the North Africans.
However, the schedule for the Black Stars to arrive in Cairo on November 18, which is 24 hours before the match is to be played at the Air Defence Stadium is holds.
The Black Stars have one foot in Brazil after handing the Pharaohs one of their worst defeats in history; 6-1 – in the first leg of the World Cup play-off tie in Kumasi on October 15.