Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
VIDEO: Salah scores as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
21-year-old Salah, who started for Basel alongside Egypt teammate Mohamed El-Nenny, ended his seven-game goal drought with a simple tap-in after 51 minutes against third division side FC Tuggen in the Swiss Cup on Sunday.
Ivorian striker Giovanni Sio doubled the score before Veton Krasiniqi pulled one back for the hosts – but it was only a consolation as Marcelo Diaz capped off the scoring to send the Swiss Champions to the quarter-finals.
Salah was replaced by Stephan Andrist in the 77th minute, just before El-Nenny saw an effort denied by the keeper. El-Nenny also had another strike saved by the keeper while the score was still goalless.
Basel will next play FC Le Mont sur Lausanne – the final third division club in the Swiss Cup – on 4 December in the quarter finals.
The international duo are now set to link up with the Egypt squad ahead of the World Cup qualifying return leg against Ghana on November 19 in Cairo.
Skill from Salah vs. Tuggen:
Salah’s goal vs. Tuggen: