The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Salah scores as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
21-year-old Salah, who started for Basel alongside Egypt teammate Mohamed El-Nenny, ended his seven-game goal drought with a simple tap-in after 51 minutes against third division side FC Tuggen in the Swiss Cup on Sunday.
Ivorian striker Giovanni Sio doubled the score before Veton Krasiniqi pulled one back for the hosts – but it was only a consolation as Marcelo Diaz capped off the scoring to send the Swiss Champions to the quarter-finals.
Salah was replaced by Stephan Andrist in the 77th minute, just before El-Nenny saw an effort denied by the keeper. El-Nenny also had another strike saved by the keeper while the score was still goalless.
Basel will next play FC Le Mont sur Lausanne – the final third division club in the Swiss Cup – on 4 December in the quarter finals.
The international duo are now set to link up with the Egypt squad ahead of the World Cup qualifying return leg against Ghana on November 19 in Cairo.
Skill from Salah vs. Tuggen:
Salah’s goal vs. Tuggen: