Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
VIDEO: Salah scores as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
21-year-old Salah, who started for Basel alongside Egypt teammate Mohamed El-Nenny, ended his seven-game goal drought with a simple tap-in after 51 minutes against third division side FC Tuggen in the Swiss Cup on Sunday.
Ivorian striker Giovanni Sio doubled the score before Veton Krasiniqi pulled one back for the hosts – but it was only a consolation as Marcelo Diaz capped off the scoring to send the Swiss Champions to the quarter-finals.
Salah was replaced by Stephan Andrist in the 77th minute, just before El-Nenny saw an effort denied by the keeper. El-Nenny also had another strike saved by the keeper while the score was still goalless.
Basel will next play FC Le Mont sur Lausanne – the final third division club in the Swiss Cup – on 4 December in the quarter finals.
The international duo are now set to link up with the Egypt squad ahead of the World Cup qualifying return leg against Ghana on November 19 in Cairo.
Skill from Salah vs. Tuggen:
Salah’s goal vs. Tuggen: