KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
VIDEO: Salah scores as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
21-year-old Salah, who started for Basel alongside Egypt teammate Mohamed El-Nenny, ended his seven-game goal drought with a simple tap-in after 51 minutes against third division side FC Tuggen in the Swiss Cup on Sunday.
Ivorian striker Giovanni Sio doubled the score before Veton Krasiniqi pulled one back for the hosts – but it was only a consolation as Marcelo Diaz capped off the scoring to send the Swiss Champions to the quarter-finals.
Salah was replaced by Stephan Andrist in the 77th minute, just before El-Nenny saw an effort denied by the keeper. El-Nenny also had another strike saved by the keeper while the score was still goalless.
Basel will next play FC Le Mont sur Lausanne – the final third division club in the Swiss Cup – on 4 December in the quarter finals.
The international duo are now set to link up with the Egypt squad ahead of the World Cup qualifying return leg against Ghana on November 19 in Cairo.
Skill from Salah vs. Tuggen:
Salah’s goal vs. Tuggen: