Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, believes that it’s far from over in...
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
- South Africa coach Mashaba to accompany Sundowns to Egypt
- Hegazy returns as El-Badry announces Al Ahly squad to face Aswan
VIDEO: Salah scores as FC Basel advance in Swiss Cup
21-year-old Salah, who started for Basel alongside Egypt teammate Mohamed El-Nenny, ended his seven-game goal drought with a simple tap-in after 51 minutes against third division side FC Tuggen in the Swiss Cup on Sunday.
Ivorian striker Giovanni Sio doubled the score before Veton Krasiniqi pulled one back for the hosts – but it was only a consolation as Marcelo Diaz capped off the scoring to send the Swiss Champions to the quarter-finals.
Salah was replaced by Stephan Andrist in the 77th minute, just before El-Nenny saw an effort denied by the keeper. El-Nenny also had another strike saved by the keeper while the score was still goalless.
Basel will next play FC Le Mont sur Lausanne – the final third division club in the Swiss Cup – on 4 December in the quarter finals.
The international duo are now set to link up with the Egypt squad ahead of the World Cup qualifying return leg against Ghana on November 19 in Cairo.
Skill from Salah vs. Tuggen:
Salah’s goal vs. Tuggen: