Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: Koka ends goal drought as Rio Ave progress to last 16 in cup
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ ended a lengthy goal drought in Rio Ave’s 4-2 home win over third-division Sertanense in the Portuguese Cup on Sunday.
Rio Ave returned to winning ways at the Estadio do Rio Ave FC on Sunday, and Egypt international Koka, who last scored in a league win over Setúbal back in August, was on target in their 4-2 cup win against third-division side Sertanense.
After scoring the third goal of the night – off the post from a tight angle – the 20-year-old Koka then assisted the forth scored by Yonathan Del Valle to end a three-game losing streak at home, while securing Rio Ave’s progression to the round of 16 as Sertanense managed to pull two goals back.
However, the young Egyptian striker was not included in Bob Bradley’s 25-man squad to take on Ghana next week in the return leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off, despite a shortage of on-form Egyptian strikers.
Rio Ave, who are currently seventh in the Liga ZON Sagres, will meet Estoril in the league after the international break.