Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Koka ends goal drought as Rio Ave progress to last 16 in cup
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ ended a lengthy goal drought in Rio Ave’s 4-2 home win over third-division Sertanense in the Portuguese Cup on Sunday.
Rio Ave returned to winning ways at the Estadio do Rio Ave FC on Sunday, and Egypt international Koka, who last scored in a league win over Setúbal back in August, was on target in their 4-2 cup win against third-division side Sertanense.
After scoring the third goal of the night – off the post from a tight angle – the 20-year-old Koka then assisted the forth scored by Yonathan Del Valle to end a three-game losing streak at home, while securing Rio Ave’s progression to the round of 16 as Sertanense managed to pull two goals back.
However, the young Egyptian striker was not included in Bob Bradley’s 25-man squad to take on Ghana next week in the return leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off, despite a shortage of on-form Egyptian strikers.
Rio Ave, who are currently seventh in the Liga ZON Sagres, will meet Estoril in the league after the international break.