An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VIDEO: Koka ends goal drought as Rio Ave progress to last 16 in cup
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ ended a lengthy goal drought in Rio Ave’s 4-2 home win over third-division Sertanense in the Portuguese Cup on Sunday.
Rio Ave returned to winning ways at the Estadio do Rio Ave FC on Sunday, and Egypt international Koka, who last scored in a league win over Setúbal back in August, was on target in their 4-2 cup win against third-division side Sertanense.
After scoring the third goal of the night – off the post from a tight angle – the 20-year-old Koka then assisted the forth scored by Yonathan Del Valle to end a three-game losing streak at home, while securing Rio Ave’s progression to the round of 16 as Sertanense managed to pull two goals back.
However, the young Egyptian striker was not included in Bob Bradley’s 25-man squad to take on Ghana next week in the return leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off, despite a shortage of on-form Egyptian strikers.
Rio Ave, who are currently seventh in the Liga ZON Sagres, will meet Estoril in the league after the international break.