Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
VIDEO: Koka ends goal drought as Rio Ave progress to last 16 in cup
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ ended a lengthy goal drought in Rio Ave’s 4-2 home win over third-division Sertanense in the Portuguese Cup on Sunday.
Rio Ave returned to winning ways at the Estadio do Rio Ave FC on Sunday, and Egypt international Koka, who last scored in a league win over Setúbal back in August, was on target in their 4-2 cup win against third-division side Sertanense.
After scoring the third goal of the night – off the post from a tight angle – the 20-year-old Koka then assisted the forth scored by Yonathan Del Valle to end a three-game losing streak at home, while securing Rio Ave’s progression to the round of 16 as Sertanense managed to pull two goals back.
However, the young Egyptian striker was not included in Bob Bradley’s 25-man squad to take on Ghana next week in the return leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off, despite a shortage of on-form Egyptian strikers.
Rio Ave, who are currently seventh in the Liga ZON Sagres, will meet Estoril in the league after the international break.