Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VIDEO: Koka ends goal drought as Rio Ave progress to last 16 in cup
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ ended a lengthy goal drought in Rio Ave’s 4-2 home win over third-division Sertanense in the Portuguese Cup on Sunday.
Rio Ave returned to winning ways at the Estadio do Rio Ave FC on Sunday, and Egypt international Koka, who last scored in a league win over Setúbal back in August, was on target in their 4-2 cup win against third-division side Sertanense.
After scoring the third goal of the night – off the post from a tight angle – the 20-year-old Koka then assisted the forth scored by Yonathan Del Valle to end a three-game losing streak at home, while securing Rio Ave’s progression to the round of 16 as Sertanense managed to pull two goals back.
However, the young Egyptian striker was not included in Bob Bradley’s 25-man squad to take on Ghana next week in the return leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off, despite a shortage of on-form Egyptian strikers.
Rio Ave, who are currently seventh in the Liga ZON Sagres, will meet Estoril in the league after the international break.