The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Walid Soliman to miss Zambia friendly due to injury
The Al-Ahly star picked up the injury during the CAF Champions League final against Orlando Pirates last Sunday and had to be pulled out in the 73rd minute for Ahmed Shedid.
Egypt team doctor, Tarek Soliman has confirmed that the 28-year-old underwent a magnetic resonance radiation scan on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury.
Dr. Tarek Soliman said, “He (Walid Soliman) will not take part in the friendly against Zambia because we don’t want to worsen his injury situation so that the player can be fit for the game against Ghana.”
Walid Soliman is racing against time, as he has just five days to recover from his injury to play in the November 19th World Cup qualifying play-off against the Black Stars.
Egypt need to score five unanswered goals against Coach Kwasi Appiah’s side to reach the Brazil 2014 tournament.