Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Walid Soliman to miss Zambia friendly due to injury
The Al-Ahly star picked up the injury during the CAF Champions League final against Orlando Pirates last Sunday and had to be pulled out in the 73rd minute for Ahmed Shedid.
Egypt team doctor, Tarek Soliman has confirmed that the 28-year-old underwent a magnetic resonance radiation scan on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury.
Dr. Tarek Soliman said, “He (Walid Soliman) will not take part in the friendly against Zambia because we don’t want to worsen his injury situation so that the player can be fit for the game against Ghana.”
Walid Soliman is racing against time, as he has just five days to recover from his injury to play in the November 19th World Cup qualifying play-off against the Black Stars.
Egypt need to score five unanswered goals against Coach Kwasi Appiah’s side to reach the Brazil 2014 tournament.