Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Walid Soliman to miss Zambia friendly due to injury
The Al-Ahly star picked up the injury during the CAF Champions League final against Orlando Pirates last Sunday and had to be pulled out in the 73rd minute for Ahmed Shedid.
Egypt team doctor, Tarek Soliman has confirmed that the 28-year-old underwent a magnetic resonance radiation scan on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury.
Dr. Tarek Soliman said, “He (Walid Soliman) will not take part in the friendly against Zambia because we don’t want to worsen his injury situation so that the player can be fit for the game against Ghana.”
Walid Soliman is racing against time, as he has just five days to recover from his injury to play in the November 19th World Cup qualifying play-off against the Black Stars.
Egypt need to score five unanswered goals against Coach Kwasi Appiah’s side to reach the Brazil 2014 tournament.