Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Walid Soliman to miss Zambia friendly due to injury
The Al-Ahly star picked up the injury during the CAF Champions League final against Orlando Pirates last Sunday and had to be pulled out in the 73rd minute for Ahmed Shedid.
Egypt team doctor, Tarek Soliman has confirmed that the 28-year-old underwent a magnetic resonance radiation scan on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury.
Dr. Tarek Soliman said, “He (Walid Soliman) will not take part in the friendly against Zambia because we don’t want to worsen his injury situation so that the player can be fit for the game against Ghana.”
Walid Soliman is racing against time, as he has just five days to recover from his injury to play in the November 19th World Cup qualifying play-off against the Black Stars.
Egypt need to score five unanswered goals against Coach Kwasi Appiah’s side to reach the Brazil 2014 tournament.