Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Abou-Treika, Gedo & Zaki pay tribute to Egypt fans
The national team stars thanked the fans after failing to qualify to Brazil, despite Egypt’s second leg victory over Ghana yesterday.
Although it was over twitter, some of the Egypt national team players took a moment to thank the fans and coaching staff for their efforts after yesterday’s victory over the Black Stars, which wasn’t enough to take the Pharaohs to Brazil.
قدر الله وما شاء فعل .. شكرا جمهور مصر العظيم
“Allah has decreed & what he wills, he does. Thanks to the great Egyptian fans” – Amr Zaki
شكرًا للجماهير اللى شجعتنا لآخر الوقت. اعتقد ان مباراة كوماسى حسمت التأهل. كل التقدير و الاحترام لبرادلى وجهازه.
— Mohamed Geddo (@geddo15) November 19, 2013
“Thanks to the crowd that supported us until the final whistle, I think the game in Kumasi ended the tie. All respect to Bradley and his staff” – Gedo
نعتذر للجميع وبالتوفيق للمنتخب المصرى فى المستقبل وألف شكر للجمهور الذى تواجد فى الاستاد
— محمدمحمدابوتريكة (@aboutrikamoham1) November 19, 2013
“Sorry for the fans, wishing all the best for the national team in the future & special thanks to the fans that came out and supported us in the stadium” – Abou-Treika tweeted following his decision to retire after the Club World Cup making this his last ever competitive appearance for the national team.