- Squad finalized as Egypt look to keep pace for AFCON 2017
- Salah included in Roma’s Champions League squad
- VIDEO: Egypt’s Bassiouny nets hattrick in Austria
- Libya against Cape Verde moved to Egypt
- Ivorian winger Max Gradel suffers ACL tear
- Official: Karim Hafez joins Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia on loan from Lierse
- Egyptian orphans team wins SATUC World Cup
- Official: Al Ahly sign Egypt defender Ahmed Hegazy
- Deadline day: Africans on the move
- OFFICIAL: Fiorentina terminate Hegazy’s contract by mutual consent
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
The former Borussia Dortmund forward has been recently linked with a winter move to Zamalek, following his disappointing spell at Baniyas.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.