Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
The former Borussia Dortmund forward has been recently linked with a winter move to Zamalek, following his disappointing spell at Baniyas.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.