After losing the Champions League final to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s chairman, Mortada...
- Mortada Mansour: the refree recieved a bribe
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.