- Ferreira announces Zamalek squad to play Ismaily
- Al Ahly announce squad to face Al Masry
- Wadi Degla release statement concerning El-Merghany
- Nigeria manager Stephen Keshi sacked
- Mohamed Salah called up for Fiorentina training camp
- OFFICIAL: Ahmed El-Ahmar returns to Zamalek
- EFA blasts Al Nasr with harsh sanctions
- Ramadan Tales E8: When Mido was crowned Duke of Amsterdam
- Full Draw: Egypt Cup round of 16
- Wadi Degla terminate Ahmed El-Merghany’s contract
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.