Egypt international goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary has confirmed he has received offers to...
- El-Hadary mulls over Turkish offers
- OFFICIAL: Seydou Doumbia joins Basel on loan
- Salah named AS Roma’s player of the season
- Martin Jol: Al Ahly need to sign a new goalkeeper
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s Champions League hopes dealt blow after loss to ASEC
- ENPPI Vice President: Akram Tawfik didn’t sign for Al Ahly
- Akram Tawfik: No player can ignore Al Ahly
- ENPPI’s Ali Lotfi keen on Al Ahly move
- OFFICIAL: Sadio Mane Joins Liverpool
- Assem Marei to play in NBA Summer League
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
The former Borussia Dortmund forward has been recently linked with a winter move to Zamalek, following his disappointing spell at Baniyas.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.