Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz confirmed that Al Ahly have received...
- Al Ahly receive Russian offer for Malick Evouna
- EXCLUSIVE: U.C. Sampdoria file bid for Amr Warda
- PHOTO: Daniel Sanchez on Zamalek’s radar
- Egypt announce squad for modern pentathlon WC in Cairo
- Egypt to face Burkina Faso at Borg El-Arab Stadium
- Mido denies betrayal claims, apologises to Zamalek fans
- Héctor Cúper speaks to FIFA about Egypt role
- Chris Willock impressed by Mohamed Elneny
- Zamalek sack Mido, appoint Salah as caretaker manager
- Mortada: Zamalek will appoint a foreign manager
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.