- EXCLUSIVE: Ahmed Refaat signs Zamalek pre-contract
- VIDEO: Khaled Kamar scores brace as Zamalek crush Ittihad El-Shorta
- VIDEO: Sobhy strikes late to see Al Ahly sink Ittihad of Alexandria
- EXCLUSIVE: Ahmed Hassan Koka signs for Benfica
- Mohamed Abdel-Shafy plays 90′ as Al Ahli exit Asian Champions League
- Mabrouk announces Al Ahly squad to face Ittihad of Alexandria
- Ferreira announces Zamalek squad to face Ittihad El-Shorta
- Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
- HANDBALL: Rehab Gomaa to come out of international retirement
- Egypt’s women keep Olympic hopes alive after 1-1 draw against Ghana
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
The former Borussia Dortmund forward has been recently linked with a winter move to Zamalek, following his disappointing spell at Baniyas.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.