Al Ahly maintained their perfect start to the Egyptian Premier League campaign...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly edge Degla to bag third straight league win
- Elneny comes off bench in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Basel
- Handball: Al Ahly, Zamalek in separate groups in Champions League draw
- Mohamed Abdel-Shafy doubtful for Egypt camp after suffering injury
- EXCLUSIVE | Rami Rabia to undergo second knee operation
- Kahraba: I’m fine at Ittihad, happy to be back to national team
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino arrives in Egypt
- Anthony Laffor: We need to keep our feet on the ground
- Pitso Mosimane: We need to learn from the Orlando Pirates
- Sam Morsy makes his full debut in Barnsley draw with Aston Villa
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
The former Borussia Dortmund forward has been recently linked with a winter move to Zamalek, following his disappointing spell at Baniyas.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.