Al Ahly women’s volleyball team have been crowned as African champions after...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly women beat Tunisia’s Carthage to retain African title
- USM Alger seal Ligue 1 title, condem opponents to relegation
- EXCLUSIVE | Basel open negotiations for Omar Gaber
- EXCLUSIVE | Hassan Shehata approached for Zamalek role
- Egypt fall to defeat against Bahrain
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan promoted to championship
- Elmohamady features as Hull fall to defeat at Bolton
- Volleyball: Zamalek defeat Al Ahly to reach Cup final
- Volleyball: Al Ahly’s women qualify for African Club championship final
- SQUASH: Nour El-Sherbini becomes youngest world champion
Egypt international Zidan sentenced to 6 years in jail
El Dokki Misdemeanor Court ruled that Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan is to be jailed for 6 years due to three cases of issuing ‘worthless cheques’ to an Egyptian real estate company, according to Al Ahram.
Arab Company for Projects and Urban Development filed the lawsuit against 31-year-old Zidan earlier this year.
Zidan has been out of action since terminating his contract with Baniyas of the UAE in the beginning of this year. He now temporarily works as a sports analyst for Al-Jazeera Sports, but has yet to announce his retirement.
Zidan had been one of the most successful Egyptian players in Europe, playing for Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, and Akademisk Boldklub and FC Midtjylland in Denmark prior.
It’s worth mentioning that in July 2012, the controversial Egyptian striker paid a visit to Alaa Mubarak, son of deposed president Hosni Mubarak, in prison.