Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Mohamed Zidan: Court case a ‘big misunderstanding’
Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan said there was a huge misunderstanding between him and an Egyptian real estate company which sued him over ‘bad cheques’, and that the problem – which was going to lead him to a 6-year prison sentence – has now been solved.
“I’m in Denmark now and I found out about the court ruling from foreign news, but its all a big misunderstanding between the contractors and I and it’s all cleared out now, therefore this case is over,” Zidan told Danish paper Ekstra Bladet.
“The case goes back to 2007 when I bought a villa in a residential project but for some problems the project stopped and I didn’t receive the villa in 2010 as was intended, so I stopped paying and then it evolved to what it is now with the courts.
“The case reached the courts and the ruling came out without me knowing but I’m sure I’m not the only one that doesn’t pay for something I don’t have.
“The misunderstanding has been cleared now and I’m looking forward to receiving the house. I know that I’m a famous player and that the journalists were just doing their job but a big fuss was made out of nothing.”
Ex-Mainz 05 star also said that the stability of the Egyptian league with the presence of the fans could motivate him to return home to potentially open negotiations with Al Ahly or Zamalek.
The 31-year-old striker who has had many problems with Baniyas of the UAE since last January after they refused to enrol him in their squad list for “claiming to be injured on several occasions”, said that he would definitely prefer to return to the Bundesliga, saying that Germany was the country that witnessed his best performances.
– Quotes translated by Marwan Ahmed