KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Mohamed Zidan: Court case a ‘big misunderstanding’
Egyptian international Mohamed Zidan said there was a huge misunderstanding between him and an Egyptian real estate company which sued him over ‘bad cheques’, and that the problem – which was going to lead him to a 6-year prison sentence – has now been solved.
“I’m in Denmark now and I found out about the court ruling from foreign news, but its all a big misunderstanding between the contractors and I and it’s all cleared out now, therefore this case is over,” Zidan told Danish paper Ekstra Bladet.
“The case goes back to 2007 when I bought a villa in a residential project but for some problems the project stopped and I didn’t receive the villa in 2010 as was intended, so I stopped paying and then it evolved to what it is now with the courts.
“The case reached the courts and the ruling came out without me knowing but I’m sure I’m not the only one that doesn’t pay for something I don’t have.
“The misunderstanding has been cleared now and I’m looking forward to receiving the house. I know that I’m a famous player and that the journalists were just doing their job but a big fuss was made out of nothing.”
Ex-Mainz 05 star also said that the stability of the Egyptian league with the presence of the fans could motivate him to return home to potentially open negotiations with Al Ahly or Zamalek.
The 31-year-old striker who has had many problems with Baniyas of the UAE since last January after they refused to enrol him in their squad list for “claiming to be injured on several occasions”, said that he would definitely prefer to return to the Bundesliga, saying that Germany was the country that witnessed his best performances.
– Quotes translated by Marwan Ahmed