Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Amr Zaki: Zamalek are the only club for me in Egypt
Al-Salmiya striker Amr Zaki has stated that the only club he would play for in Egypt is Zamalek.
Former Wigan player Amr Zaki confirms his desire to play for Zamalek once more by stating that if he moves back to Egypt, he will only play for the Whites.
“I have had calls from Ismaily SC President and my teammate Hosni Abd-Rabo and I have a lot of respect for the club but in case I return back to Egypt, I won’t play for any other club than Zamalek and it’s an honor to represent the club as I cannot see myself defending the colors of any other club,” Zaki said.
In view of his future, Zaki continued: “I’m currently thinking of remaining in the Gulf or going back to Europe.”
It is worth noting that Zaki posted a picture of himself earlier on Twitter from his old Zamalek days while he also tweeted a picture of the club’s flag and describes his love for the Whites.
بحبه مهما يكون بطل…واحبه لو كان مش بطل…بشجعه مهما حصل..وافضل من العشاق pic.twitter.com/2aUoGyCffQ
This comes after former Zamalek player and board member Ayman Younes declared that he’s had talks with Zaki and told him that Zamalek need him back. He then revealed that the player will be joining the Whites in the winter break.