Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
VIDEO: Ghaly helps guide Lierse to massive win over Cercle Brugge
Hossam Ghaly was involved in two of Lierse’s goals as the Yellow Black’s Army secured a massive 4-2 win over Cercle Brugge on Saturday.
31-year-old Ghaly, who played the full 90 minutes in Egypt’s 2-1 win against Ghana during the international break, was instrumental at the Jan Breydel Stadium while compatriot Ahmed Samir Farag did not feature as Lierse ended Cercle Brugge’s six game unbeaten streak.
Brazilian-Belgian winger Wanderson, 19, opened the scoring in the 32nd minute with a brilliant solo goal – skipping past a few defenders before finding the back of the net with a brilliant curler from outside the box.
Not long after half-time did Lierse double the score. Ghaly’s superb through ball found Wanderson, whose low cross deflected off Cercle defender Mertens who turned the ball into his own net.
Cercle Brugge managed to claw their way back into the game with goals from Van Roose and Uchebo, with the latter’s goal coming after they were downed to 10 men. Lierse regained the lead minutes later as Losada scored from the spot after on-loan Celtic striker Tony Watt was tripped in the box.
Corstjens then put the game beyond reach for the home side by scoring Lierse’s fourth goal following a wonderful team play, which ex-Tottenham midfielder Ghaly was once again heavily involved in.
The win takes Lierse to 11th in the table, three points behind Cercle Brugge and eight points above the relegation zone.