Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Hossam El-Badry appointed coach of Egyptian Olympic team
In a board meeting today, the Egyptian FA have announced former Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry as the new coach of the Egyptian Olympic team.
In a board meeting which also saw Ismaily coach Shawky Gharib announced as Bob Bradley’s successor as coach of the Egyptian National team, Hossam El-Badry was named as the Olympic team’s new coach.
Egyptian FA spokesmen Azmi Megahed told FilGoal that they feel Hossam El-Badry is the right man to take the team forward and lead them towards the 2016 Olympics in Rio, Brazil.
Hossam El Badry was last manager of Ahly Benghazi in Libya, and decided to leave after only four months at the club, where he was reportedly shot at.
He is best known for his CAF Champions League triumph with Al Ahly in 2012 which was his second spell at the club, and he also won the Egyptian League and Egyptian Super Cup in his first spell with the Cairo giants in 2010.
Outside of Egypt, he spent the 2011 season in Sudan, where he managed Al Merriekh. In Sudan he won the Sudanese Premier league ending Al Merriekhs three-season trophy drought in the league.
Under the management of Hany Ramzy in the 2012 Olympics in London, Egypt managed to reach the quarter-finals and were eventually knocked out by Japan after losing 3-0. With the talent coming through, and Hossam El-Badry at helm, Egypt will be hoping to be on the podium come Brazil 2016.