The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Mohamed Salah UEFA’s current Player of the Week for Matchday 5
Egypt international Salah, who scored against Chelsea for the third time this year to help Basel earn another massive victory against Mourinho’s side in Group E of the Champions League on Tuesday, is currently named UEFA’s Player of the Week for matchday five ahead of Wednesday’s set of fixtures.
UEFA.com ‘Experts’ rated Salah 9.0/10 for his superb performance against Chelsea – higher than the likes of Marco Reus, Kaká and Jack Wilshere, despite the latter scoring a brace – while fans rated him 7.4.
AC Milan’s Montolivo and Ajax’s Blind complete UEFA’s current Top 10, while South Africa’s Thulani Serero was the only other African who made the cut.
FC Basel, who are currently second in Group E with eight points, will next visit FC Schalke (seven points) in the deciding clash which will see one of the two teams qualify to the last 16, while the other will be dumped into the Europa League.
UPDATE (November 28): Arturo Vidal, Wayne Rooney and Samir Nasri were also rated 9.0 by UEFA Experts, but they were rated higher than Salah by the Fans.