Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Mohamed Salah UEFA’s current Player of the Week for Matchday 5
Egypt international Salah, who scored against Chelsea for the third time this year to help Basel earn another massive victory against Mourinho’s side in Group E of the Champions League on Tuesday, is currently named UEFA’s Player of the Week for matchday five ahead of Wednesday’s set of fixtures.
UEFA.com ‘Experts’ rated Salah 9.0/10 for his superb performance against Chelsea – higher than the likes of Marco Reus, Kaká and Jack Wilshere, despite the latter scoring a brace – while fans rated him 7.4.
AC Milan’s Montolivo and Ajax’s Blind complete UEFA’s current Top 10, while South Africa’s Thulani Serero was the only other African who made the cut.
FC Basel, who are currently second in Group E with eight points, will next visit FC Schalke (seven points) in the deciding clash which will see one of the two teams qualify to the last 16, while the other will be dumped into the Europa League.
UPDATE (November 28): Arturo Vidal, Wayne Rooney and Samir Nasri were also rated 9.0 by UEFA Experts, but they were rated higher than Salah by the Fans.