Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Mohamed Salah UEFA’s current Player of the Week for Matchday 5
Egypt international Salah, who scored against Chelsea for the third time this year to help Basel earn another massive victory against Mourinho’s side in Group E of the Champions League on Tuesday, is currently named UEFA’s Player of the Week for matchday five ahead of Wednesday’s set of fixtures.
UEFA.com ‘Experts’ rated Salah 9.0/10 for his superb performance against Chelsea – higher than the likes of Marco Reus, Kaká and Jack Wilshere, despite the latter scoring a brace – while fans rated him 7.4.
AC Milan’s Montolivo and Ajax’s Blind complete UEFA’s current Top 10, while South Africa’s Thulani Serero was the only other African who made the cut.
FC Basel, who are currently second in Group E with eight points, will next visit FC Schalke (seven points) in the deciding clash which will see one of the two teams qualify to the last 16, while the other will be dumped into the Europa League.
UPDATE (November 28): Arturo Vidal, Wayne Rooney and Samir Nasri were also rated 9.0 by UEFA Experts, but they were rated higher than Salah by the Fans.