Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
Mohamed Salah UEFA’s current Player of the Week for Matchday 5
Egypt international Salah, who scored against Chelsea for the third time this year to help Basel earn another massive victory against Mourinho’s side in Group E of the Champions League on Tuesday, is currently named UEFA’s Player of the Week for matchday five ahead of Wednesday’s set of fixtures.
UEFA.com ‘Experts’ rated Salah 9.0/10 for his superb performance against Chelsea – higher than the likes of Marco Reus, Kaká and Jack Wilshere, despite the latter scoring a brace – while fans rated him 7.4.
AC Milan’s Montolivo and Ajax’s Blind complete UEFA’s current Top 10, while South Africa’s Thulani Serero was the only other African who made the cut.
FC Basel, who are currently second in Group E with eight points, will next visit FC Schalke (seven points) in the deciding clash which will see one of the two teams qualify to the last 16, while the other will be dumped into the Europa League.
UPDATE (November 28): Arturo Vidal, Wayne Rooney and Samir Nasri were also rated 9.0 by UEFA Experts, but they were rated higher than Salah by the Fans.