Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Mohamed Salah UEFA’s current Player of the Week for Matchday 5
Egypt international Salah, who scored against Chelsea for the third time this year to help Basel earn another massive victory against Mourinho’s side in Group E of the Champions League on Tuesday, is currently named UEFA’s Player of the Week for matchday five ahead of Wednesday’s set of fixtures.
UEFA.com ‘Experts’ rated Salah 9.0/10 for his superb performance against Chelsea – higher than the likes of Marco Reus, Kaká and Jack Wilshere, despite the latter scoring a brace – while fans rated him 7.4.
AC Milan’s Montolivo and Ajax’s Blind complete UEFA’s current Top 10, while South Africa’s Thulani Serero was the only other African who made the cut.
FC Basel, who are currently second in Group E with eight points, will next visit FC Schalke (seven points) in the deciding clash which will see one of the two teams qualify to the last 16, while the other will be dumped into the Europa League.
UPDATE (November 28): Arturo Vidal, Wayne Rooney and Samir Nasri were also rated 9.0 by UEFA Experts, but they were rated higher than Salah by the Fans.