Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek has joined Arab Contractors on loan until the end of...
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
Shawky Gharib: I promise to take Egypt back to the top
Speaking to television channels, Gharib said: “Every single FA member has put their trust in me and I promise them that I will live up to their expectations.”
“I promise everyone that I will build a great team that will make Egyptian football proud and will put it back on the right track and win trophies,” he continued.
“I swear to god that my ambitions with the national team has no limits and I know that the burden will be huge in the upcoming period, but I’m up for it and will try my best,” Gharib concluded.
In the end of his conversation, the former Ismaily manager left some kind words for his mentor Hassan Shehata – whom he assisted for six years with the senior side between 2006-2010, saying that he respects both him and the period that they had together with the national team.
It is worth noting that the Egyptian signed a contract that will keep him with the team through qualifications to both the African Cup of Nations in 2015 and the 2018 World Cup in Russia.