Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Egypt climb 13 places in FIFA Rankings
In the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World ranking, Egypt climbed 13 spots, reaching the top 5 of Africa.
Had Egypt gone into the play-off draw with a similar ranking, the Pharaohs would’ve been in the seeded pot over Tunisia, avoiding the clashes with Ghana which led to the team’s elimination from the World Cup.
Egypt’s highest-ever ranking was 9th just over three years ago. New boss Shawky Gharib, who was the assistant coach during that era, promises to take the Pharaohs back to the top, after he was appointed following the expiration of Bob Bradley’s contract.
Top 5 (World):
Top 5 (Africa):
- 17 – Cote D’Ivoire
- 24 – Ghana
- 26 – Algeria
- 36 – Nigeria
- 38 – Egypt