Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Egypt climb 13 places in FIFA Rankings
Had Egypt gone into the play-off draw with a similar ranking, the Pharaohs would’ve been in the seeded pot over Tunisia, avoiding the clashes with Ghana which led to the team’s elimination from the World Cup.
Egypt’s highest-ever ranking was 9th just over three years ago. New boss Shawky Gharib, who was the assistant coach during that era, promises to take the Pharaohs back to the top, after he was appointed following the expiration of Bob Bradley’s contract.
Top 5 (World):
Top 5 (Africa):
- 17 – Cote D’Ivoire
- 24 – Ghana
- 26 – Algeria
- 36 – Nigeria
- 38 – Egypt