Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egypt climb 13 places in FIFA Rankings
In the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World ranking, Egypt climbed 13 spots, reaching the top 5 of Africa.
Had Egypt gone into the play-off draw with a similar ranking, the Pharaohs would’ve been in the seeded pot over Tunisia, avoiding the clashes with Ghana which led to the team’s elimination from the World Cup.
Egypt’s highest-ever ranking was 9th just over three years ago. New boss Shawky Gharib, who was the assistant coach during that era, promises to take the Pharaohs back to the top, after he was appointed following the expiration of Bob Bradley’s contract.
Top 5 (World):
Top 5 (Africa):
- 17 – Cote D’Ivoire
- 24 – Ghana
- 26 – Algeria
- 36 – Nigeria
- 38 – Egypt