Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Egypt climb 13 places in FIFA Rankings
In the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World ranking, Egypt climbed 13 spots, reaching the top 5 of Africa.
Had Egypt gone into the play-off draw with a similar ranking, the Pharaohs would’ve been in the seeded pot over Tunisia, avoiding the clashes with Ghana which led to the team’s elimination from the World Cup.
Egypt’s highest-ever ranking was 9th just over three years ago. New boss Shawky Gharib, who was the assistant coach during that era, promises to take the Pharaohs back to the top, after he was appointed following the expiration of Bob Bradley’s contract.
Top 5 (World):
Top 5 (Africa):
- 17 – Cote D’Ivoire
- 24 – Ghana
- 26 – Algeria
- 36 – Nigeria
- 38 – Egypt