Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Mohamed Salah makes IBWM top 100 young footballers list
Mohamed Salah makes IBWM’s annual list of the world’s top 100 young footballers.
In Bed With Maradona (IBWM) singles out the best 100 young footballers in the world in their yearly list simply titled: The 100. It’s not surprising to see the likes of Neymar, Hazard, Pogba, Götze, or Alaba featured in the list, nor should it be to see Egypt and FC Basel star Mohamed Salah.
This is the first time Salah makes the list, as IBWM describe 2013 for him as: “A breakout year for an outstanding prospect.”
Looking ahead to his future, In Bed With Maradona concludes: “Salah’s stepping into some mighty shoes but has demonstrated his worth already. The likelihood is that he will be poached sooner rather than later, and teams with stronger Champions League pedigree than Basel could be at the head of the queue.”
KingFut.com’s Adam Moustafa also features in the piece, he said: “In 2013, Salah went from relatively unknown to becoming the new poster boy of Egyptian football. Winning the league and guiding Basel to the semis of the UEFA Cup – while scoring against the likes of Spurs and Chelsea – is quite remarkable for a forward who was playing at Arab Contractors just a season prior. He’s already surpassing last season’s form and has arguably led Basel to the CL group stage single handed. 17 goals and 10 assists for the Egyptian national team isn’t too shabby either.”
Read In Bed With Maradona’s entry on Mohmaed Salah here.
Follow In Bed With Maradona on Twitter @Inbedwimaradona.