In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Salah: Moving to England? Nobody knows what the future holds
Egyptian prodigy Mohamed Salah has responded to rumors surrounding his future with Swiss side FC Basel.
For so long, Salah has been tipped to leave Basel and play in England with rumors of standing interest from Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur who have reportedly sent ‘head-hunter’ Franco Baldini to watch the Egyptian demolish Chelsea at St. Jacob’s Park on Tuesday.
Regarding his performance in the game, Salah said: “I’m very happy with this win as it is very important. I am also happy with the praise I have received from everyone and I will try my best to continue to play at the highest level with my club.”
When asked about his future with the club, he responded: “No one knows what the future holds but I’m focused only on Basel and not on the bids being reported by the press or my transfer fee.”
Basel’s next encounter in the UEFA Champions League will be against Prince Boateng’s Schalke 04. Basel need a win or draw to progress to the next round.
When asked about the Ghanaian, Salah replied: “The team is more important than Boateng. Our aim is to win or draw to qualify to the next round.”
Finally, when asked about Shawky Gharib, who was instilled as Egypt’s national team manager yesterday, Salah responded: “Everyone knows who Shawky Gharib is. He is a respectable coach and god willing, we will fulfill what the fans expect from us and I congratulate him for his new post.”
It is worth noting that Salah has been in the spotlight for so long, recently receiving praise from Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho after his performance against the London based club.