Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Kahraba goal downs Grasshoppers as Luzern climb to third
19-year-old Egyptian forward Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ scored the winner for FC Luzern less than 10 minutes after coming off the bench to spark them to a 2-1 away win against Grasshoppers.
Kahraba, who replaced goal scorer Dimitar Rangelov in the 78th minute, scored in the 86th minute to seal the three points for Luzern against the second-placed side after Nassim Ben Khalifa cancelled out the visitors’ opener.
This was Kahraba’s 4th goal since joining the club on a season-long loan deal from ENPPI in August, and it takes the club back to third place in the Swiss Super League – level on points (28) with Grasshoppers but trailing on goal difference.
The youngest Egyptian international has now scored four goals in his last five games for the Swiss side as he was also on target at Laussane-Sport, against Young Boys and also FC Zurich before the international break.
KingFut.com revealed late in July that Hull City offered Kahraba a trial and Steve Bruce later confirmed the interest, but the Egypt U-20 star failed to join up with the Tigers due to work permit issues.
Kahraba was substituted early on in Egypt’s 2-1 win against Ghana in the second leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off.
FC Luzern will take on 9th place Aarau next Sunday as they aim to push for a spot in the European zone.