Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
VIDEO: Salah bags brace as Basel draw at Young Boys
Mohamed Salah scored a brace to lead Basel from behind but it wasn’t enough as the Swiss champions drew 2-2 at Young Boys in the league on Sunday.
Salah, who was once again on target against Chelsea midweek, started alongside Mohamed El-Nenny and added a brace to take his tally to four league goals in a 2-2 draw at Young Boys in the Swiss Super League on Sunday.
The 21-year-old who was named in UEFA’s Team of the Week cancelled out Milan Gajic’s 38th minute penalty just two minutes after, before giving Basel the lead in the 44th minute as the Swiss champions held onto the advantage going into half-time.
Japanese international Yuya Kubo equalized for the home side following an inspiring run and an excellent shot from distance in the 68th minute as the match ended level at the Stade de Suisse.
The point keeps Basel on top of the league with 31 points, but Young Boys moved to second with 28 points – creating a three-way tie in points with Grasshoppers and Kahraba’s FC Luzern.
The next two weeks will be absolutely crucial for Basel in the league as they host Grasshoppers next week and FC Luzern the week after.
4 – Both Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Kahraba have four goals in the Swiss Super League. #PharaohsAbroad
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 1, 2013