Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
VIDEO: Salah bags brace as Basel draw at Young Boys
Mohamed Salah scored a brace to lead Basel from behind but it wasn’t enough as the Swiss champions drew 2-2 at Young Boys in the league on Sunday.
Salah, who was once again on target against Chelsea midweek, started alongside Mohamed El-Nenny and added a brace to take his tally to four league goals in a 2-2 draw at Young Boys in the Swiss Super League on Sunday.
The 21-year-old who was named in UEFA’s Team of the Week cancelled out Milan Gajic’s 38th minute penalty just two minutes after, before giving Basel the lead in the 44th minute as the Swiss champions held onto the advantage going into half-time.
Japanese international Yuya Kubo equalized for the home side following an inspiring run and an excellent shot from distance in the 68th minute as the match ended level at the Stade de Suisse.
The point keeps Basel on top of the league with 31 points, but Young Boys moved to second with 28 points – creating a three-way tie in points with Grasshoppers and Kahraba’s FC Luzern.
The next two weeks will be absolutely crucial for Basel in the league as they host Grasshoppers next week and FC Luzern the week after.
4 – Both Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Kahraba have four goals in the Swiss Super League. #PharaohsAbroad
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 1, 2013