Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
VIDEO: Salah bags brace as Basel draw at Young Boys
Mohamed Salah scored a brace to lead Basel from behind but it wasn’t enough as the Swiss champions drew 2-2 at Young Boys in the league on Sunday.
Salah, who was once again on target against Chelsea midweek, started alongside Mohamed El-Nenny and added a brace to take his tally to four league goals in a 2-2 draw at Young Boys in the Swiss Super League on Sunday.
The 21-year-old who was named in UEFA’s Team of the Week cancelled out Milan Gajic’s 38th minute penalty just two minutes after, before giving Basel the lead in the 44th minute as the Swiss champions held onto the advantage going into half-time.
Japanese international Yuya Kubo equalized for the home side following an inspiring run and an excellent shot from distance in the 68th minute as the match ended level at the Stade de Suisse.
The point keeps Basel on top of the league with 31 points, but Young Boys moved to second with 28 points – creating a three-way tie in points with Grasshoppers and Kahraba’s FC Luzern.
The next two weeks will be absolutely crucial for Basel in the league as they host Grasshoppers next week and FC Luzern the week after.
4 – Both Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Kahraba have four goals in the Swiss Super League. #PharaohsAbroad
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 1, 2013