Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
EFA announce two-group league separating Ahly from Masry, Zamalek
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced the groups for the new Premier League season today following the draw at El Hadaf, their headquarters in 6th of October, with the kick-off set for the 26th of December.
The start of the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season has been delayed twice due to security concerns, but the new kick-off date was recently announced for the 26th of December.
As it was known that this year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
Group B: Zamalek, Ismaily, Al Masry, Haras El-Hodood, Beni Suef Telephones, Qanah, Menya, Ittihad El-Shorta, Tala’a El-Gaish, Wadi Degla and Petrojet.
According to the league committee, the league will be reduced to 20 teams starting from the 2014/2015 season, as at the end of the current season five teams will be relegated and three will climb from the second division.
The EFA are still negotiating with the security to determine whether or not fans will be able to attend the games. It could be same as 2012/2013 season, played without fans, due to the political situation in the country that is still not stable.