Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
EFA announce two-group league separating Ahly from Masry, Zamalek
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced the groups for the new Premier League season today following the draw at El Hadaf, their headquarters in 6th of October, with the kick-off set for the 26th of December.
The start of the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season has been delayed twice due to security concerns, but the new kick-off date was recently announced for the 26th of December.
As it was known that this year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
Group B: Zamalek, Ismaily, Al Masry, Haras El-Hodood, Beni Suef Telephones, Qanah, Menya, Ittihad El-Shorta, Tala’a El-Gaish, Wadi Degla and Petrojet.
According to the league committee, the league will be reduced to 20 teams starting from the 2014/2015 season, as at the end of the current season five teams will be relegated and three will climb from the second division.
The EFA are still negotiating with the security to determine whether or not fans will be able to attend the games. It could be same as 2012/2013 season, played without fans, due to the political situation in the country that is still not stable.