Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
EFA announce two-group league separating Ahly from Masry, Zamalek
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced the groups for the new Premier League season today following the draw at El Hadaf, their headquarters in 6th of October, with the kick-off set for the 26th of December.
The start of the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season has been delayed twice due to security concerns, but the new kick-off date was recently announced for the 26th of December.
As it was known that this year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
Group B: Zamalek, Ismaily, Al Masry, Haras El-Hodood, Beni Suef Telephones, Qanah, Menya, Ittihad El-Shorta, Tala’a El-Gaish, Wadi Degla and Petrojet.
According to the league committee, the league will be reduced to 20 teams starting from the 2014/2015 season, as at the end of the current season five teams will be relegated and three will climb from the second division.
The EFA are still negotiating with the security to determine whether or not fans will be able to attend the games. It could be same as 2012/2013 season, played without fans, due to the political situation in the country that is still not stable.