Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
VIDEO: Salah named Swiss Golden Player for 2012/2013
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah was named the Swiss Golden Player – the best player in Switzerland – after his performances in 2012/2013.
The ‘Swiss Golden Player’ award was given to Salah following his debut season in Switzerland.
FC Basel were the major winners as Fabian Schär and Marco Streller were crowned best defender and striker respectfully.
Salah helped Basel achieve a successful season as he guided the Swiss club to a semi-final exit at the hands of Chelsea in the Europa league, runners-up in the domestic cup and ending the season by winning the Swiss league in his first ever try with the club.
This award comes after a series of impressive performances – most recently against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league, where he scored the only goal of the game to help Basel defeat the London club.
Below is a picture of Salah celebrating his award with Egypt teammates Mohamed El-nenny and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’.