ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
VIDEO: Salah named Swiss Golden Player for 2012/2013
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah was named the Swiss Golden Player – the best player in Switzerland – after his performances in 2012/2013.
The ‘Swiss Golden Player’ award was given to Salah following his debut season in Switzerland.
FC Basel were the major winners as Fabian Schär and Marco Streller were crowned best defender and striker respectfully.
Salah helped Basel achieve a successful season as he guided the Swiss club to a semi-final exit at the hands of Chelsea in the Europa league, runners-up in the domestic cup and ending the season by winning the Swiss league in his first ever try with the club.
This award comes after a series of impressive performances – most recently against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league, where he scored the only goal of the game to help Basel defeat the London club.
Below is a picture of Salah celebrating his award with Egypt teammates Mohamed El-nenny and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’.