Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Salah named Swiss Golden Player for 2012/2013
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah was named the Swiss Golden Player – the best player in Switzerland – after his performances in 2012/2013.
The ‘Swiss Golden Player’ award was given to Salah following his debut season in Switzerland.
FC Basel were the major winners as Fabian Schär and Marco Streller were crowned best defender and striker respectfully.
Salah helped Basel achieve a successful season as he guided the Swiss club to a semi-final exit at the hands of Chelsea in the Europa league, runners-up in the domestic cup and ending the season by winning the Swiss league in his first ever try with the club.
This award comes after a series of impressive performances – most recently against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league, where he scored the only goal of the game to help Basel defeat the London club.
Below is a picture of Salah celebrating his award with Egypt teammates Mohamed El-nenny and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’.