Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
VIDEO: Salah named Swiss Golden Player for 2012/2013
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah was named the Swiss Golden Player – the best player in Switzerland – after his performances in 2012/2013.
The ‘Swiss Golden Player’ award was given to Salah following his debut season in Switzerland.
FC Basel were the major winners as Fabian Schär and Marco Streller were crowned best defender and striker respectfully.
Salah helped Basel achieve a successful season as he guided the Swiss club to a semi-final exit at the hands of Chelsea in the Europa league, runners-up in the domestic cup and ending the season by winning the Swiss league in his first ever try with the club.
This award comes after a series of impressive performances – most recently against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league, where he scored the only goal of the game to help Basel defeat the London club.
Below is a picture of Salah celebrating his award with Egypt teammates Mohamed El-nenny and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’.