Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
VIDEO: Salah named Swiss Golden Player for 2012/2013
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah was named the Swiss Golden Player – the best player in Switzerland – after his performances in 2012/2013.
The ‘Swiss Golden Player’ award was given to Salah following his debut season in Switzerland.
FC Basel were the major winners as Fabian Schär and Marco Streller were crowned best defender and striker respectfully.
Salah helped Basel achieve a successful season as he guided the Swiss club to a semi-final exit at the hands of Chelsea in the Europa league, runners-up in the domestic cup and ending the season by winning the Swiss league in his first ever try with the club.
This award comes after a series of impressive performances – most recently against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions league, where he scored the only goal of the game to help Basel defeat the London club.
Below is a picture of Salah celebrating his award with Egypt teammates Mohamed El-nenny and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’.