Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Former Ahly midfielder Shabana moves to India, scores on debut
Former Al Ahly midfielder Abdelhamid Shabana recently signed for Churchill Brothers in India and scored on his debut last Thursday.
Abdelhamid Shabana, 28, who signed for Churchill Brothers along with Syrian duo Yaser Shahen (striker) and Naser Al Sebai (defender) last week, opened his account on his debut in the I-League to help the Indian champions claim their first three points of the season in a 3-2 win over Sporting Clube de Goa on Thursday.
The once highly-rated Egyptian youth international converted the first chance of the match as he steered home a cross from the right after just two minutes. He also created a host of other chances in the first half and was denied a second goal due to a foul committed.
Shabana, who was released by Al Ahly last summer following a loan spell with Telephonat Beni Suef, decided to move to India following the recurring football stoppage in Egypt.
– Thanks to Ahmad Matar