Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Al-Salmiya release Amr Zaki
30-year-old Zaki, who stated on more than one occasion that he would like to leave Kuwait, has finally broke his agreement with Al-Salmiya and was released on Wednesday.
“Zaki’s contract has been terminated in a friendly way. We had to do it so that we can be able to bring in another non-local player,” Ahmed Al-Otaibi, an Al-Salmiya official, told Alrai newspaper.
“He is a decent player and person but he didn’t get the chance to impress with Al-Salmiya, and this is normal in football. There has been no problems between us at all.”
Over the last few weeks Zaki has been linked with a move to Ismaily before rebuffing the Dervishes and declaring if he was to return to Egypt he would only re-join Zamalek; as he doesn’t see himself ‘defending the colours of any other club.’
Although Zaki said he would prefer a move to Europe, he has been in talks with the Whites ever since, according to board member Ayman Younes.
Despite the Salmiya official’s comments, the Egypt international has been in exciting form recently showing shades of his former self, scoring two goals with Al-Salmiya, and two with the national team against Zambia and Ghana.