Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Abdel Halim Ali replaces Osama Nabih as Toulan’s assistant
Zamalek’s legendary striker Abdel Halim Ali returns to the club as Helmy Toulan’s assistant.
Speaking to Yallakora, Toulan said: “I choose Ali among several names as I believe that he will be a promising coach.”
“We worked together at Ittihad El-Shorta S.C and he proved that he is efficient enough for the position,” Toulan ended.
Ali, who is Zamalek’s all time top scorer (80 goals) played for the club from 1999 winning numerous honors including three league titles, two domestic cup’s and one CAF Champions league medal before retiring in 2009. He was also part of Egypt’s squad that won the African Cup of Nations in 2006.
Straight after his retirement, he was announced as Zamalek’s assistant coach from the start of the 2009-2010 season but left his position due to some issues with Hossam Hassan, who was Zamalek’s first team manager at the time.