Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Egyptian Abdel-Atey may join Real Madrid legend Puskás’ former club
22-year-old Egyptian striker Youssef Abdel-Atey received an offer to join Budapest Honvéd FC – the former club of Real Madrid legend Puskás – in January.
The young Egyptian striker currently playing in Hungary’s second division with Vecsési FC has received an offer to join top-flight side Budapest Honvéd FC during the January transfer window, Abdel-Atey told Haitham Mohamed of The Cairo Post.
Budapest Honvéd, who’ve retired the number 10 jersey which belonged to Ferenc Puskás, is the club where the Hungarian and Real Madrid legend began his career.
Abdel-Atey, 22, would be the first Egyptian player to join the former Hungarian champions, whom former Al Masry coach Puskás scored 352 goals with.
The former Arab Contractors striker is in top form so far this season, scoring four goals and assisting nine with Vecsési FC, who are currently third in the league.
The club’s official website posted a statement thanking ‘The Pharaoh’, after he shined in the previous match with a brace to gift Vecsési a 2-0 win against Hévízgyörk SC.
Abdel-Atey has also received an offer from new USL Pro side Sacramento Republic FC in the United States, and a number of German and Hungarian clubs are reportedly interested in the Egyptian’s services ahead of the January transfer window.
– Image courtesy of the club’s official Facebook page