Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Egypt’s Trezeguet re-linked with Nottingham Forest
Back in July the Championship side were reported to be interested in the signing the attacking midfielder, along with Nice and Stuttgart, and they were set to make a loan offer for him. The deal broke down when Forest failed to reach Ahly’s high asking price.
However, the Nottingham Post reports that Al Ahly could be willing to listen to offers after this month’s Club World Cup.
Trezeguet revealed in the summer that he would prefer the move Nottingham Forest over the other clubs who were interested in his services.
“The English offer is much better… I will have a better chance to feature regularly with Nottingham Forest than Nice,” he added.
An obstacle in Mahmoud Hassan’s potential move to Nottingham would be obtaining a work permit since he is not a full Egypt international.
Forest started taking an interest in Trezeguet after his excellent individual goal against England in the U20 World Cup.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef