Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Egypt’s Trezeguet re-linked with Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest have reignited their interest in 19-year-old Al Ahly starlet Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, according to The Nottingham Post.
Back in July the Championship side were reported to be interested in the signing the attacking midfielder, along with Nice and Stuttgart, and they were set to make a loan offer for him. The deal broke down when Forest failed to reach Ahly’s high asking price.
However, the Nottingham Post reports that Al Ahly could be willing to listen to offers after this month’s Club World Cup.
Trezeguet revealed in the summer that he would prefer the move Nottingham Forest over the other clubs who were interested in his services.
“The English offer is much better… I will have a better chance to feature regularly with Nottingham Forest than Nice,” he added.
An obstacle in Mahmoud Hassan’s potential move to Nottingham would be obtaining a work permit since he is not a full Egypt international.
Forest started taking an interest in Trezeguet after his excellent individual goal against England in the U20 World Cup.
Follow @EgyptianPlayers – Ahmad Yousef