KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
VIDEO: Marcello Lippi predicts ‘tough’ battle with Al Ahly
“They (Al Ahly) are obviously a good team, well-organized. They are physically and mentally prepared well for the match. It will be a tough match for both of us,” Lippi told a pre-match press conference on Wednesday.
“But, hopefully, we can make through to meet Bayern,” added Lippi, who led Italy to win the World Cup in 2006.
Lippi also complained about frequent changes of the training grounds in Morocco – the hosts of the FIFA Club World Cup for the first time in history.
“We started training right after our arrival two days ago. Yesterday we were asked to go to a different pitch for training. Today we are told to train in the third pitch,” he said.
“We hope to avoid such a frequent change of the pitches. We need to get used to the field.”
Guangzhou Evergrande are making their debut in the Club World Cup after winning the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history, while Al Ahly have made four previous appearances at the tournament – 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012.
Ahly and Evergrande meet on Saturday, with the winners advancing to take on European champions Bayern Munich in the semi-finals on Tuesday.