Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
VIDEO: Marcello Lippi predicts ‘tough’ battle with Al Ahly
“They (Al Ahly) are obviously a good team, well-organized. They are physically and mentally prepared well for the match. It will be a tough match for both of us,” Lippi told a pre-match press conference on Wednesday.
“But, hopefully, we can make through to meet Bayern,” added Lippi, who led Italy to win the World Cup in 2006.
Lippi also complained about frequent changes of the training grounds in Morocco – the hosts of the FIFA Club World Cup for the first time in history.
“We started training right after our arrival two days ago. Yesterday we were asked to go to a different pitch for training. Today we are told to train in the third pitch,” he said.
“We hope to avoid such a frequent change of the pitches. We need to get used to the field.”
Guangzhou Evergrande are making their debut in the Club World Cup after winning the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history, while Al Ahly have made four previous appearances at the tournament – 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012.
Ahly and Evergrande meet on Saturday, with the winners advancing to take on European champions Bayern Munich in the semi-finals on Tuesday.