Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
VIDEO: Marcello Lippi predicts ‘tough’ battle with Al Ahly
“They (Al Ahly) are obviously a good team, well-organized. They are physically and mentally prepared well for the match. It will be a tough match for both of us,” Lippi told a pre-match press conference on Wednesday.
“But, hopefully, we can make through to meet Bayern,” added Lippi, who led Italy to win the World Cup in 2006.
Lippi also complained about frequent changes of the training grounds in Morocco – the hosts of the FIFA Club World Cup for the first time in history.
“We started training right after our arrival two days ago. Yesterday we were asked to go to a different pitch for training. Today we are told to train in the third pitch,” he said.
“We hope to avoid such a frequent change of the pitches. We need to get used to the field.”
Guangzhou Evergrande are making their debut in the Club World Cup after winning the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history, while Al Ahly have made four previous appearances at the tournament – 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012.
Ahly and Evergrande meet on Saturday, with the winners advancing to take on European champions Bayern Munich in the semi-finals on Tuesday.