Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Salah, El-Nenny’s Basel to visit Israel again in Europa League
FC Basel were paired with Israel’s Maccabi Tel Aviv, again, this time in the Europa League round of 32, following the draw on Monday.
Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny’s Basel faced the Israeli side during the third round of UEFA Champions League qualifying, with Salah on target in Israel as the Swiss champions won 4-3 on aggregate.
Controversy surrounded Salah, the more outspoken of the Egyptian pair in the lead up to the second leg after some quotes from the enigmatic forward were released by the press, and that didn’t stop as Salah again refused to shake hands with the opposition (as he had done in the first leg), fist bumping them with minimal contact instead.
Upon his arrival to Israel, Salah refused to make any comments to journalists, and said prior to travelling: “I consider myself going to play in Palestine, not Israel, and the administration agreed to allow me to visit the Al-Aqsa Mosque and pray there.”
The ties are set to be played on March 13 and 20, with the winner advancing to face the winner of Ajax – Salzburg in the round of 16.