Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Salah, El-Nenny’s Basel to visit Israel again in Europa League
FC Basel were paired with Israel’s Maccabi Tel Aviv, again, this time in the Europa League round of 32, following the draw on Monday.
Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny’s Basel faced the Israeli side during the third round of UEFA Champions League qualifying, with Salah on target in Israel as the Swiss champions won 4-3 on aggregate.
Controversy surrounded Salah, the more outspoken of the Egyptian pair in the lead up to the second leg after some quotes from the enigmatic forward were released by the press, and that didn’t stop as Salah again refused to shake hands with the opposition (as he had done in the first leg), fist bumping them with minimal contact instead.
Upon his arrival to Israel, Salah refused to make any comments to journalists, and said prior to travelling: “I consider myself going to play in Palestine, not Israel, and the administration agreed to allow me to visit the Al-Aqsa Mosque and pray there.”
The ties are set to be played on March 13 and 20, with the winner advancing to face the winner of Ajax – Salzburg in the round of 16.