Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Official: Ayman Hefny, Jebor, Talaat Youssef sign for Ahly Tripoli
Following years of tug of war between Al Ahly and Zamalek to land Ayman Hefny’s signature, the 27-year-old talented playmaker has agreed to join Al Ahly, of Libya. Joining him is last season’s top scorer and Tala’a El-Gaish teammate, Liberian striker William Jebor – who was also a reported target of both Cairo giants.
Ayman Hefny and William Jebor both join the Libyan Premier League side on six-month loan deals, the Tripoli-based club announced on their official Facebook page.
This comes as a big blow to the Army’s Vanguards as the duo were two of the best performers in Egypt last season, with Liberia international Jebor the competition’s top scorer with 10 goals before its cancellation.
Al Ahly Tripoli have also brought over former Al-Ittihad of Alexandria star and coach Talaat Youssef to replace Hossam El-Badry – who’s recently been appointed as Egypt’s U-23 national team coach – at the club’s helm.
It’s worth nothing Egypt international duo Ahmed Hassan Mekki and Islam Ramadan were both on loan at Al Ahly Tripoli last season.
The 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season is set to kick-off in just over a week on 26 December.