Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Official: Ayman Hefny, Jebor, Talaat Youssef sign for Ahly Tripoli
Following years of tug of war between Al Ahly and Zamalek to land Ayman Hefny’s signature, the 27-year-old talented playmaker has agreed to join Al Ahly, of Libya. Joining him is last season’s top scorer and Tala’a El-Gaish teammate, Liberian striker William Jebor – who was also a reported target of both Cairo giants.
Ayman Hefny and William Jebor both join the Libyan Premier League side on six-month loan deals, the Tripoli-based club announced on their official Facebook page.
This comes as a big blow to the Army’s Vanguards as the duo were two of the best performers in Egypt last season, with Liberia international Jebor the competition’s top scorer with 10 goals before its cancellation.
Al Ahly Tripoli have also brought over former Al-Ittihad of Alexandria star and coach Talaat Youssef to replace Hossam El-Badry – who’s recently been appointed as Egypt’s U-23 national team coach – at the club’s helm.
It’s worth nothing Egypt international duo Ahmed Hassan Mekki and Islam Ramadan were both on loan at Al Ahly Tripoli last season.
The 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season is set to kick-off in just over a week on 26 December.