Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Official: Ayman Hefny, Jebor, Talaat Youssef sign for Ahly Tripoli
Following years of tug of war between Al Ahly and Zamalek to land Ayman Hefny’s signature, the 27-year-old talented playmaker has agreed to join Al Ahly, of Libya. Joining him is last season’s top scorer and Tala’a El-Gaish teammate, Liberian striker William Jebor – who was also a reported target of both Cairo giants.
Ayman Hefny and William Jebor both join the Libyan Premier League side on six-month loan deals, the Tripoli-based club announced on their official Facebook page.
This comes as a big blow to the Army’s Vanguards as the duo were two of the best performers in Egypt last season, with Liberia international Jebor the competition’s top scorer with 10 goals before its cancellation.
Al Ahly Tripoli have also brought over former Al-Ittihad of Alexandria star and coach Talaat Youssef to replace Hossam El-Badry – who’s recently been appointed as Egypt’s U-23 national team coach – at the club’s helm.
It’s worth nothing Egypt international duo Ahmed Hassan Mekki and Islam Ramadan were both on loan at Al Ahly Tripoli last season.
The 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season is set to kick-off in just over a week on 26 December.