Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
Official: Ayman Hefny, Jebor, Talaat Youssef sign for Ahly Tripoli
Following years of tug of war between Al Ahly and Zamalek to land Ayman Hefny’s signature, the 27-year-old talented playmaker has agreed to join Al Ahly, of Libya. Joining him is last season’s top scorer and Tala’a El-Gaish teammate, Liberian striker William Jebor – who was also a reported target of both Cairo giants.
Ayman Hefny and William Jebor both join the Libyan Premier League side on six-month loan deals, the Tripoli-based club announced on their official Facebook page.
This comes as a big blow to the Army’s Vanguards as the duo were two of the best performers in Egypt last season, with Liberia international Jebor the competition’s top scorer with 10 goals before its cancellation.
Al Ahly Tripoli have also brought over former Al-Ittihad of Alexandria star and coach Talaat Youssef to replace Hossam El-Badry – who’s recently been appointed as Egypt’s U-23 national team coach – at the club’s helm.
It’s worth nothing Egypt international duo Ahmed Hassan Mekki and Islam Ramadan were both on loan at Al Ahly Tripoli last season.
The 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season is set to kick-off in just over a week on 26 December.