Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
Málaga put Mohamed Ibrahim transfer on hold
Zamalek’s Director of marketing department Khaled Refaat has confirmed that talks with Málaga over the Mohamed Ibrahim transfer to the Spanish side have been put on hold at the request of the Spanish club.
“Malaga changed their sports director and therefore changed their plans. The La Liga side are currently struggling in the league so they informed us that the priority now is signing an experienced player therefore, they asked to delay signing Ibrahim until summer transfer window,” Refaat stated
Ibrahim’s agent Tamer Yousry also had a few words regarding the matter: “I would like to thank all Zamalek officials for their cooperation to reach an agreement for the deal specially Ayman Younis, head-coach Helmy Toulan and Khaled Refaat,” Yousry said
“The new sports director asked for delaying the deal as the Egyptian playmaker has little experience, and the team needs an experienced player to help improve their position in the league,” Yousry concluded
Ibrahim gained attention from several European clubs after his great performance last season with Zamalek at the Egyptian league before it was canceled due to political issues. He was part of the squad that triumphed at domestic cup a few weeks ago.
Málaga currently sit at 13th position in the league table after 16 games with 17 points.