Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Málaga put Mohamed Ibrahim transfer on hold
Zamalek’s Director of marketing department Khaled Refaat has confirmed that talks with Málaga over the Mohamed Ibrahim transfer to the Spanish side have been put on hold at the request of the Spanish club.
“Malaga changed their sports director and therefore changed their plans. The La Liga side are currently struggling in the league so they informed us that the priority now is signing an experienced player therefore, they asked to delay signing Ibrahim until summer transfer window,” Refaat stated
Ibrahim’s agent Tamer Yousry also had a few words regarding the matter: “I would like to thank all Zamalek officials for their cooperation to reach an agreement for the deal specially Ayman Younis, head-coach Helmy Toulan and Khaled Refaat,” Yousry said
“The new sports director asked for delaying the deal as the Egyptian playmaker has little experience, and the team needs an experienced player to help improve their position in the league,” Yousry concluded
Ibrahim gained attention from several European clubs after his great performance last season with Zamalek at the Egyptian league before it was canceled due to political issues. He was part of the squad that triumphed at domestic cup a few weeks ago.
Málaga currently sit at 13th position in the league table after 16 games with 17 points.