Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Swiss paper name Salah best player of preliminary round
Mohamed Salah has kept his feet on the right track since his first days in Europe, and now he continues to collect the fruitful results.
After recently winning the Swiss Golden Player for 2013, the ‘Egyptian Picasso’ has been chosen by the widespread Swiss newspaper ‘Basler Zeitung’ as the best player of the Swiss local preliminary round – the first half of the season ahead of the league’s winter break.
The Swiss paper said about the 21-year-old Pharaoh: “Perhaps it will be said in a few years, Salah was the best player to have ever played in Switzerland. The young Egyptians has everything it takes to be a world class player.”
In regards to his future, they added: “With his outstanding performances in the Champions League – especially against Chelsea – he has driven up his market value to the heights. Arguably, the most valuable player to have ever played in Switzerland, could leave the club for about 15 million Swiss francs.”
Basler Zeitung concluded about the Egyptian starlet: “If he is a bit more efficient, the winger’s next transfer would probably cost over 50 million francs.”
Basel are currently top of the Swiss Super League going into the winter break, but it remains to be seen whether or not the Egyptian winger will still be present in Switzerland for the second half of the season amidst reported interest from England and Germany.
By Hady Elmedany – KingFut.com writer and senior editor at Korabia.com